2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Stuart
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had the car a just over a month now, so thought I may as well get a project thread started, and I'll try and keep on top of it.

So collected her from Redhill Honda in Surrey on 31st August and drove her back up to Scotland where she was first registered. It didnt take long before the wallet opened up..Ive sort of went a little bit mental over the last month, I'm starting to calm down a bit for christmas...Not sure how long it will last, and Willy Hill won't accept any bets on it!

My mod plan is more show than go at the moment, which may disappoint the performance junkies of the forum...I will get some engine mods on the list eventually, so bear with me :)

Before I even got the car I sorted myself out with some cleaning products. I've never been "that" into detailing, but after reading on here from the detailing junkies I figured I need to up my game.

First task was a good clean:

Lights were annoying me no-end, especially the side lights not matching the headlights. So MrJP hooked me up.

MrBozo hooked me up with the folding mirror mod box & Wanner fired me through some fog protectors. The mirror mode took a while to fit, I went down the soldering route. However it goes great with the car I think.

Redhill gave me one of those mince tax disc holders you get from dealers. It had to be changed, so got one of these...love it!

Next-stop was Rick..Who sorted me with some footwell lighting: Front-Rear. Took a while to get it fitted properly, I went down the soldering route, and the cables you have to tap into don't have alot of free length in them. So was fiddly, but definitely worth it! Love it Rick, thanks alot!

Standard brakes are a bit wishy-washy. So after reading up on the posts on here. Given Im not going to be going too crazy with performance mods in the immediate future. I went for Brembo Discs/Ferodos/Motul Fluid/HEL braided 6-line kit.
Fitted it all no-problems...Took best part of 4 hours to fit the lines, bloody bolts were a bas to get off.

Since I was taking the system apart, I thought it might be worthwhile snapping the calipers off and giving them a few coats. Very happy with the finished product, looks great AND the braking is a lot better than it was.

You all recognise these boxes :p
Decided to take advantage of Hendys deal with the Mugen wing, and Matt from Injection Imports conned me into a grille for my trouble. :facepalm:

----------------------------------------------------------------
So the cars in the bodyshop just now getting the Grille and Wing painted & fitted. Decided while it's in there to get the bumper & bonnet resprayed - Bloody Stonechips - Also getting the front section of the rear arches re-sprayed as well, because they are slightly flared, they seem to be a target for the road crap getting kicked up from the front wheels, it has damaged the paintwork, and its annoying as hell! :rant:

So I'll pick her up early next week, where Ive got a few toys waiting to go on :popcorn2:
----------------------------------------------------------------

Leather Gear Gaitor

3D Carbon plates which look amazing. Also the plate surround, I seen this on Rowbo's car and love it! Cheers Row :D

The paintwork is swirled to feck for some reason, so as a treat, I got these goodies to get her looking minted and protected for the winter months.

Once it's back and detailed, I'll fire some piccies up.

Thanks for reading, I'll keep this updated as I go. :popcorn2:

Stuart

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Stunning mate love all the bits you have done. Were did you order your plates from?

Reactions: pReDaToR

·
Stuart
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stunning mate love all the bits you have done. Were did you order your plates from?
Got them from DemonPlates mate.

They are a little bit expensive but they are beautiful to look at. I'm sure you could probably get them cheaper elsewhere, I didnt really shop around at the time.

I'll snap a better pic when they are on the car.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,679 Posts
Excellent, for me cleaning is like a drug, I just can't stop doing it & I am never happy. Always wanting to get better results, enjoy & hope you have deep pockets.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing the finished pics. Car looked great at Glasgow meet so some added mugen goodness can only be a good thing. Hmmm I so need a mugen grille :)

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this next month pal, looks well good! :D

Reactions: pReDaToR

·
Stuart
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Wing, Grille, Plates & Detail

Got the car back last Tuesday, just haven't had time to snap pics.

Mugen Grille fitted: Good to get rid of the chrome bits. Looks fantastic I think.

Mugen Wing fitted: Suits the car really well, love it to bits!

Did a detail at the weekend, do I took off the old rear plate....those stickies are a pain in the azz! Took about an hour with a hairdryer, IPA spray, alot of swearing! I finally got it all off. Picture before I managed to clear it all.

The cars dirty already, but I managed to grab a couple of reflection shots when I got home from work tonight. White cars are difficult!

The bonnet shot is the best I think, after the respray its as smooth as a babies arse!

A few pictures of the current state of things that I took after work today.

Next Up:
Indoor work only during winter:
1. Still need to fit my gear gator
2. LEDs to replace boot lighting and glove box
3. Fit puddle lights for doors(maybe)
4. Plan out engine dress-up for after xmas.

cheers, Stuart

1 - 20 of 165 Posts