2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I own a 2003 Accord Executive Tourer with the Premium Sound System and i want to connect and i pod and a USB stick to it. I have been told about the PARROT MKi9200 hands free kit that allows you to connect an ipod, USB stick, SD card and there is also a 3.5mm jack plug. I have been told that if i use this system with one of the music sources my sub woofer may not work. The reason it may not run the sub is because of how the sub is wired in. The Premium sound system uses an amp and the Parrot kit fits in after the amp and thats why it may not work the sub. Does any one know how the amp is wired in on the Accord? Or is there any other way of connecting both my ipod and USB stick to my standard stereo?

Thanks

Tim

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
The Xcarlink will allow you to connect a USB stick, a card or 3.5 mm jack (from your ipod). It won't control your ipod from the steering wheel though.

Click here for an installation guide.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I'd still like to be able to control my ipod from the stereo, steering wheel or hands free kit etc.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I used the model V (I don't have anything Apple) so I could use the steering wheel controls on the USB stick (works fine). In the end though I use my mp3 player, because the mp3 player does gapless and the Xcarlink/USB does not.

Xcarlink do an ipod interface as well - maybe you could use that?

HONDA :: XCarLink

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would the Xcarlink run a smallish external hard drive? ie one that is powered but the USB2 plug.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I used the model V (I don't have anything Apple) so I could use the steering wheel controls on the USB stick (works fine). In the end though I use my mp3 player, because the mp3 player does gapless and the Xcarlink/USB does not.

Xcarlink do an ipod interface as well - maybe you could use that?

HONDA*::*XCarLink
I am interested in buying one of these but i don't want to loose the use of my 6 disc CD changer. I have the same head unit as yourself, is there any way around this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts