2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i am picking up a 2017 Prestige next week, are the chrome items on the front bumper easily changeable with the black type as with the other models?
Or is it a whole bumper replacement?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I had my 2019 Prestige, I had the dealership change the front chrome because it looks cheap and nasty.

Its a "bumper off" job to change it to the gloss black trim, which looks a lot better.

If you are buying from a dealer, worth asking if they'll change it for you.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
It is not a whole bumper replacement but they do seem to take the bumper off to fit it. Found out when I had my Prestige and someone reversed into me and cracked it in half and the car was only a week old :cry:. Cost about £180 for a chrome replacement and for fitting it. Had to take it back the next day when the bumper came out the mountings on one side under the headlight so knew they had taken the bumper off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first option was to replace the parts, but there is chrome around the top of the front and rear doors, I am starting to think of getting it wrapped by a local company.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are there any sensors behind the chrome section with the Honda logo? If i wrap that part, would it blind a sensor?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2017 Civic Prestige 1.5
28 Posts
The first option was to replace the parts, but there is chrome around the top of the front and rear doors, I am starting to think of getting it wrapped by a local company.
How did you get on with this please mate....am thinking of doing the same to my chrome too.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts