2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got black Honda rims on the car but rust has started to form on the wheel hubs and certain areas of the brake discs.
Also if its been raining overnight I'll find the the brake discs themselves have become a yellowy/orange colour - but this disappears after driving.

Is the best way to sort this by painting it?
Im thinking of painting the hubs black to fit with the alloys.
Any ideas as to what paint to use etc

much appreciated as its always in the back of my mind that it looks untidy although I'm the only one who has noticed it.

Much appreciated

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Got black Honda rims on the car but rust has started to form on the wheel hubs and certain areas of the brake discs.
Also if its been raining overnight I'll find the the brake discs themselves have become a yellowy/orange colour - but this disappears after driving.

much appreciated as its always in the back of my mind that it looks untidy although I'm the only one who has noticed it.

Much appreciated
Sand down the corrosion and paint with a high temp paint. I've used Hammerite on mine but the durability of Hammerite has been questioned in previous threads.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts

Much appreciated
In bold is normal. All cars do this. You don't want to be painting the pad contact surface on the disc. The centre of the disc is fine to paint as you can buy ready painted discs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts