2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coolio :)

What's the best way to pay? Call up?

What's shipping times like? Would i have these by the 9th August?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Give me a ring, pay by card and i'll have them shipped out today.

The latest they'll be with you is Thursday the 2nd. It'll give you something to do for the weekend ;)

Cheers,

Rich

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Can i just ask, is it possible to run 30mm springs with a FRS without coilovers?
Yes and yes. Basically just think as lowering springs and "FRS" as two separate things

The key is you need adjustable camber bolts and shims to adjust the geo on all four wheels. Some coilovers will allow for these to become adjustable but those kits normally cost a fair bit.

If you lowered your car I would get the geo checked and corrected anyway as lowering a car can mess with the geo.

I'd definitely get the rears corrected also as Honda's factory tolerance for what is acceptable and what wasn't is quite wide!

"FRS" is just a term companies use for geomatry settings that are considered to be for fast road use. Each company has difference settings based on there own research. The best solution is one that improves handling whilst not using your tyres unevenly too quickly.

I'm using ABP's settings and they are very good.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Yes and yes. Basically just think as lowering springs and "FRS" as two separate things

The key is you need adjustable camber bolts and shims to adjust the geo on all four wheels. Some coilovers will allow for these to become adjustable but those kits normally cost a fair bit.

If you lowered your car I would get the geo checked and corrected anyway as lowering a car can mess with the geo.

I'd definitely get the rears corrected also as Honda's factory tolerance for what is acceptable and what wasn't is quite wide!

"FRS" is just a term companies use for geomatry settings that are considered to be for fast road use. Each company has difference settings based on there own research. The best solution is one that improves handling whilst not using your tyres unevenly too quickly.

I'm using ABP's settings and they are very good.
So if i bought the 30mm eibachs and then took my car to have the FRS done - 30mm would be fine? would the camber bolts and shims etc be included with the FRS or would i need to grab those also?

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
So if i bought the 30mm eibachs and then took my car to have the FRS done - 30mm would be fine? would the camber bolts and shims etc be included with the FRS or would i need to grab those also?
You would need to buy these on top of the FRS mate. (They are not too much)

Also if you are interested I can fit all of this for you except the rear shims (best to get TDI or ABP to fit these as they will measure alignment first then install the number required).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts