2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anybody confirm the average market price for 5 Rage's with tyres (not much tread) in good condition...few scrapes.

I have had my eye on a set and want to know what price I am looking at (all used).

Also the market price for 4 Type S Alloys in very good condition with michelin Pilot primacy with lots of tread!

Thanks for all your help Guys!
I hope I get the rage's soon!
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theres always one....
just wondered what a good price for them was...the tyre price puts me off majorly!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
No they aint mine, when i saw them i thought bargain, upon closer inspection, i see chunks out of the tyres and kerbs and scratches everywhere, i think id rather pay a bit more and have a mint set

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
The other thing to consider is the cost of the Refurb.

(someone) correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I'm right in saying that Diamond cut alloys (or whatever theyre called) aren't as straight forward to refubish as normal alloys, such as the standard 18" CTR jobbies. I have a friend who's just had ONE wheel done (VW Golf GTi MK6) and he paid around £120 for ONE wheel.

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
The other thing to consider is the cost of the Refurb.

(someone) correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I'm right in saying that Diamond cut alloys (or whatever theyre called) aren't as straight forward to refubish as normal alloys, such as the standard 18" CTR jobbies. I have a friend who's just had ONE wheel done (VW Golf GTi MK6) and he paid around £120 for ONE wheel.
Yup, spot on. The diamond cut wheels are a lot more expensive to refurb, and not as many places can do the job. So, if you're looking at a set that isn't 100%, factor in the cost of a refurb (phone round for some prices), unless you're happy driving around with them scuffed.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I'll be selling mine soon - £500 all excellent condition and useable tyre tread

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
how useable? and what make of tyre, might be interested
Alloys themselves are all good, one was replaced by the dealer a few months back. Tyres, front two are Wanlai - not great if I'm honest, but on the car when I bought it. Plenty of tread though, had Yoko's on the back but one got a punture so that was replaced with a Fedral about 6 months ago, other Yoko doesnt have that much tread left.

Here's a link to the sale thread

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/items-sale/44815-rage-alloys-tyres-x-4-a.html

I didnt sell them at the time as my alloys were delayed - due any day now. :)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Alloys themselves are all good, one was replaced by the dealer a few months back. Tyres, front two are Wanlai - not great if I'm honest, but on the car when I bought it. Plenty of tread though, had Yoko's on the back but one got a punture so that was replaced with a Fedral about 6 months ago, other Yoko doesnt have that much tread left.

Here's a link to the sale thread

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/items-sale/44815-rage-alloys-tyres-x-4-a.html

I didnt sell them at the time as my alloys were delayed - due any day now. :)
If you are offering them for sale then please keep all dealing in your 'For Sale' thread and not in this one.

If they are not currently for sale I'll close the 'For Sale' thread and you can post a new one when you are ready to sell.

Let me know. :)

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
If you are offering them for sale then please keep all dealing in your 'For Sale' thread and not in this one.

If they are not currently for sale I'll close the 'For Sale' thread and you can post a new one when you are ready to sell.

Let me know. :)
Sorry Dimplyred, not for sale yet as I had problems sourcing my replacement wheels, but will be for sale once my new wheels arrive and according to James those are on the way from Japan now.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Sorry Dimplyred, not for sale yet as I had problems sourcing my replacement wheels, but will be for sale once my new wheels arrive and according to James those are on the way from Japan now.
Ok thanks. I've closed your 'For Sale' thread. You will need to post another once they are up for grabs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts