2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm paying 94.9 at my local Shell. Who's getting the cheapest ?.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Been paying 96.9p per litre, but yesterday found a little country garage about 3 miles away doing Esso for 92.9p

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That seems like a bargain now, and yet not many moons ago, it was in the sixties/seventies per litre. :evil:

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I think we win.

66.7p per litre!

If only it were that simple... I would have bought the 2.2 i-CTDi IF we didn't have our ridiculous diesel-tax on cars with diesel engines.
Now it's only worth owning one if you drive more than 20 000 miles per year.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
99.9p, I will say no more.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm quite surprised at the prices you're all mentioning. Diesel in Dublin is around €1.12 at the moment which works out at GBP0.76. I always thought our taxes and duties were amongst the highest in Europe but are things really that much wors in the UK? Is the difference just taxes? At that price you should have free comprehensive insurance for every car on the road!!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes Raegren, its taxes -- taxes --- taxes. Gordon Brown can't believe his luck !! Like winning the lottery, for him. :cry:

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
99.9 around here too - I'm amazed that there have been no protests. Maybe after it gets significantly above £1.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Local garage selling diesel 92.8 litre

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yip, Republic of Ireland prices really are much lower - I'm in the North so pay UK prices and most stations within 15 miles of the border are out of business. Everyones goes south for the cheap fuel. Though if you've ever been on a night out in Dublin it's about the only thing that is cheaper!

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
Blimey! It must be because we're poor country yokels around here, but I've just topped up with Optimax at £1.02 ..... 8)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have yet to experience >£1 per litre for Diesel, although I have paid 99.9p a few times.

Most places in Lincoln are between 96.9 and 98.9 in my experience

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have seen normal Diesal for £1.07 , I was forced to put some in until I got to the next station so put £6 in. :evil:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Thank goodness for Asda and Tescos dropping their prices, everyone seems to have followed suit here. Shell 96.9p. Tesco 95.9p.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Basic unleaded at the garage at the top of my road is 93.9p.

I won't put that Morrisons crap in unless i need to though

1 - 20 of 30 Posts