2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning abp,can you give me a price for the valve clearance to my 58 plate type r and a check on my bumpstops has you did fast road setup and 15mm springs purchased from yourselfs,just seems like a slight knocking when i go over speedbumps.Would the bumpstops still be in the 12 month warranty period? has they only 10 month old.

thanks john.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi John,

We can do the valve clearances no problem. We charge £55.00 inc VAT but would need the car stone cold, so ideally left with us overnight so we can carry out the clearances the following morning. This gives us the greatest accuracy when measuring and adjusting.

With regards to the possible suspension issue, it's unlikely to be a bumpstop problem as they are just a rubber moulding so they don't really 'fail' as such. It may be a droplink issue or something else but if it is anything linked to the springs it'll get sorted.

If you want to book in for the clearances and a look over the suspension, let me know and we'll sort something out.

Hope this helps,

Rich

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that,could i not get there early doors and leave the car till last for the valve clearance would that not leave enough time for the engine to cool/be cold?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
It may be ok, but we'd always recommend overnight for accuracy.

You're traveling a fair distance, so everything will be red hot (engine wise) and we'll have to take it round the block for the engine noise.

I would recommend overnight, but if you can only leave it with us for the day, i'm sure we can sort something.

We would need it first thing though, 8:30am and it would be ready for 5:30pm. We can organise a taxi for you into town to kill some time if it'd be better.

Let me know what you think,

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts