2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Are 8th gen civic type r’s worth more stock or modified?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Civic Type R
961 Posts
A car is worth what the buyer is happy to pay. So in theory, they are worth more modified IF the buyer is interested in the modifications done to the car.

Reactions: scaramanga

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
A modified car can be hard to insure but it also depends what mods.

A few light cosmetic ones no one's going to care about but things like engine mods like super charging or extreme lowering or coilovers is going to be a bit more divisive.

·
Registered
Fn2
9 Posts
I would agree mod dependant but also who is the buying audience but the general thought for me is the more original it is the more money it would be worth. It's hard got getting a non modded civic and when they come to older age, like all the stock dc2 and ek9 make more money then modded

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Yeah I think stock Jap cars of an older vintage are worth a bit more. Thinking of something like an S14 or even the R33 & R34!! Stuff like that almost never gets left stock...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd say it depends a lot on how heavily modded the car is, and how tasteful any cosmetic mods are. I'd imagine something with thousands spent on it, forced induction etc would be worth more to the right buyer but put others off entirely. My car was lightly modded when I bought it (Milltek exhaust, 421 manifold, HKS induction and remap) with no cosmetic mods and it wasn't priced any differently to others I looked at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts