2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

posted quite awhile back that i had the mid res removed (here).
since then i've added a PRL short ram race MAF intake and gotten a custom back box/muffler/silencer attached still no res. Piping size did not change but i did go for 4inch slashed tips.

sound wise, pretty low rumble ,minimal rasp if any? mic is picking it up but phone mics are weird and drone is very minimal at 70-76mph 6th. 30mph 3rd or 4th theres a little bit, but nothing i cant live with though.

thought i'd provide a few clips for anyone interested in doing these things to their 10th gen.

small exhaust blips

induction + exhaust inside the cabin windows down

bouncing off of 4.5k rpm 2step

Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
Sounds good bud, I like it 馃憤 馃榿
I'm currently saving up for an intake myself!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't argue with that! 馃槅
Would you recommend the PRL intake? I've heard a lot of good things about it
yeah as long as you dont really care for heatsoak (such as tracking the car etc) otherwise go for the cold air version over the short ram. Install for both versions seem relatively easy(short ram that i installed was really easy took like 30mins? as baby's first bolt on self install, never really touched the engine bay of a car before).

i opted for the race MAF because i own a KTuner which helped with my longterm fuel trims too. stock mine ran at -7% LTFT
tuned for the race MAF i sit around 0-3%. so it helped the car not run as rich.

Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
yeah as long as you dont really care for heatsoak (such as tracking the car etc) otherwise go for the cold air version over the short ram. Install for both versions seem relatively easy(short ram that i installed was really easy took like 30mins? as baby's first bolt on self install, never really touched the engine bay of a car before).

i opted for the race MAF because i own a KTuner which helped with my longterm fuel trims too. stock mine ran at -7% LTFT
tuned for the race MAF i sit around 0-3%. so it helped the car not run as rich.
Thanks mate, yeah I don't plan on tracking mine, maybe once or twice a year just for a bit of fun but it's definitely not going to spend much time on a track really.

Have you taken yours to the Dyno? Would be interesting to see what performance improvements have been made

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks mate, yeah I don't plan on tracking mine, maybe once or twice a year just for a bit of fun but it's definitely not going to spend much time on a track really.

Have you taken yours to the Dyno? Would be interesting to see what performance improvements have been made
i haven't unfortunately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts