2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anything stopping me from getting my new CTR and then paying to have it sprayed white?

seem to remember coming into a few issues when i went to do the same with my current car, like document information and insurance and vehicle registration etc etc

any thoughts / views / people who have done resprays before???

:)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Of course there is nothing stopping you from doing it, but bear in mind a full respray done to an acceptable standard will cost £2-3k. More likely nearer to £3k.

Even then it will never be as good as a factory sprayed car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course there is nothing stopping you from doing it, but bear in mind a full respray done to an acceptable standard will cost £2-3k. More likely nearer to £3k.

something to consider next year then :eek:

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Just wait and get a white one next year :)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
You will also need to report the colour change and this may be seen as insurance companies as a modification and drive the insurance cost up.

I would suggest buying a MY09 in white...

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/253871-post3.html

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
you will also have to let the DVLA know as well as it needs recording in your log book !!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i think i will go for the black and stick with it. unless i keep delaying things and then maybe the white will be more tempting.

im unsure i could pull off a bright white car :p

·
Registered
320 Posts
Best joke I've seen all year! nearly fell off my chair...............[smilie=laff.gif]

What d'ya mean it wasn't a joke????:vroam:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Zai0s ...I am all for being different ...Customization if done right is cool ...But i think you should wait for the white CTR to appear in the dealers .... as come the day of selling it you will take such a loss it will make you wonder why you ever thought it was such a good idea ...Bad move ....ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Best joke I've seen all year! nearly fell off my chair...............[smilie=laff.gif]

What d'ya mean it wasn't a joke????:vroam:

Ok, point taken but you know what I mean. :D

To do a proper job the car would need to be completely stripped so no traces of the old colour remain under seals, in the engine bay, etc.....

I wasn't really referring to the quality or thickness of the paint. That would be much better on a resprayed car. ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Of course you are right.....i'm just a very bad man![smilie=cheeky-grin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts