2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having picked up my new 08my 2.2ES just over a week ago the car is going in tomorrow to have four "teething" issues looked at. One of these not picked up at pdi (albeit I didn't see it either) is a very minute dent in the front passenger door which is one of those I can only see when the light catches it and I tilt my head back and forth at a fairly acute angle to the side of the car. Anyway, the dealer is being very helpful and I have no complaints on that front.

However, its made me a bit paranoid to the the extent that I've looked over the rest of the bodywork with an extra critical eye. One thing I've noticed on the left hand side of the boot (the equivalent area on the rhs is where the Civic badge is) is what appears to be two slight lumps/raised areas (which may be where for mounting the badge on lh drive models).
The paintwork is fine and there is no indentation as such but the curve in the panel isn't perfectly smooth and when I run my hand over the area I can definitely feel a kind of undulation/more resistance at the two raised bits. Has anybody else noticed this? Obviously I can ask the dealer about this but I don't want to make a fuss about nothing.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
We all have it, don't worry. there was a thread about it somewhere.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
As Coldwarkid says..Its a known issue. Personally, I havent seen it but some owners, like yourself, have.
Good luck with the ding..Probably fixed in minutes if panel access is available

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Yep I have this. I thought as the boot is plastic, it is were the reinforcement behind presses on it, I don't know why it should, but thought mine may have had a slight bump before I owned it. I guess it is reassuring in a funny sort of way to know they have all got this. [smilie=umm2.gif]

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know this thread is now a couple of years old but I've found I've got the same on my Civic. There are two what I though were dents (I am dent mad!) just above and to the left of the Honda logo on my boot lid. Again, I can't get a picture of them but when you look closely they can't be dents as they are perfectly vertical like lines in the bodywork. Now some of you may have seen my moans on other threads but I get them on the doors too! I've spoken with a Paintless Dent Removal guy who got rid of the door ones before but they are back again! What's going on? He thinks that with the 18inch wheels and glass roof the body is flexing a little when it hits pot holes. Could this really be true?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Interesting, just popped out to look at a local Type R that's for sale and it's just the same, doors as well. Guess I'll have to live with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts