2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I could really do with some helpful advice from you all if you could spare the time please.

Firstly iam new to this forum and a recent new owner of a 59 plate fn2 type R. I purchased a Blue flame system of the forum and collected about two weeks ago. I took it into the local Garage in Dundee today to have it fitted and the result was a 4hour wait and a bill for £120 before being told the car would have to go back to standard.

The exhaust i purchased looks identical to the setup which is meant for the type R FN2 and the guy i bought it from said it came off his before he sold it. The problem i have is that the mechanic claims that the centre section was fouling the body, some of the hangers didnt line up or were at the wrong angle and the two tail sections would need to be heated and bent slightly to fit or it would melt the bumper.

Can any of you provide helpful advise on this matter or has anybody had the same issue previously when fitting this system.

Thanks in advance guys!:confused:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I'm not familiar with Blueflame systems. Are they "slip" joints or proper flange joints?

Hi guys,

I could really do with some helpful advice from you all if you could spare the time please.

Firstly iam new to this forum and a recent new owner of a 59 plate fn2 type R. I purchased a Blue flame system of the forum and collected about two weeks ago. I took it into the local Garage in Dundee today to have it fitted and the result was a 4hour wait and a bill for £120 before being told the car would have to go back to standard.

The exhaust i purchased looks identical to the setup which is meant for the type R FN2 and the guy i bought it from said it came off his before he sold it. The problem i have is that the mechanic claims that the centre section was fouling the body, some of the hangers didnt line up or were at the wrong angle and the two tail sections would need to be heated and bent slightly to fit or it would melt the bumper.

Can any of you provide helpful advise on this matter or has anybody had the same issue previously when fitting this system.

Thanks in advance guys!:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are slip joints i think, where one pipe slides over the other with two slots and you clamp them.

Does anybody else have a blue flame fitted????

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Yep and it went straight on with no probs
It sounds to me like the hangers were at the wrong angles and the pipes out at the back because the sliP joints maybe twisted round. It's a straight swap and designed to replace the old system without any modification. Did the exhaust come in bits when you picked it up or already assembled?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please

Unfortunately the exhaust came in 4 sections when i collected it, the main middle section, backbox and two rear short sections that go into the bumper.

Is there any chance one of you guys with the blue flame could take some pitures of the system under the car from about the rear axle back to the bumper.

I would majorly appreciate this!!!!!:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
IMHO I'd get a different garage to fit it. Sounds like they did a poor job of assembling it. If it. And in four prices when you bought it they probably haven't lined the sections up properly. Especially knowing it came off another civic on this forum.

If this is the case I would the. Ask for my money back from the first garage

Unfortunately the exhaust came in 4 sections when i collected it, the main middle section, backbox and two rear short sections that go into the bumper.

Is there any chance one of you guys with the blue flame could take some pitures of the system under the car from about the rear axle back to the bumper.

I would majorly appreciate this!!!!!:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts