2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Problem with air con?

17K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  K20_ 
#1 ·
Noticed over the last few weeks that even when my air con is set to Lo, the air coming out of the vents is not cold at all.

Had it regassed about 8 months ago. After that it wasn't great but slightly better than before.

Does it need regassed again or is it a bigger problem.

Got an 07 2.2 diesel.

Thanks

#8 · (Edited)
EXCELLENT - made it look easy, which generally, it is.

I'm at the relay stage - here's hoping!

I read that the original European Omron relay was ditched by Honda in favour of the Mitsuba one from Japan.

No surprise that the Mitsubas are £24 delivered!

Just found this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-H...-CR-V-FR-V-ACCORD-39794-SDA-A05-/331330614277
Don't see the packaging and labels, but it's £5 cheaper than I paid from a Honda dealer - on Ebay.

Al.

#18 ·
EXCELLENT - made it look easy, which generally, it is.

I'm at the relay stage - here's hoping!

I read that the original European Omron relay was ditched by Honda in favour of the Mitsuba one from Japan.

No surprise that the Mitsubas are £24 delivered!

Just found this: GENUINE HONDA AIR CON RELAY CIVIC JAZZ CR-V FR-V ACCORD 39794-SDA-A05 | eBay
Don't see the packaging and labels, but it's £5 cheaper than I paid from a Honda dealer - on Ebay.

Al.
7G's have about three of these relays in the fuse box and there's an abundance of them in the Scrappies... I took one out excluding the one in my pocket and the guy just waved me on Free of Charge.... Good luck though, I thought the Relay had fixed mine but it hadn't.. Traded the old girl in since with a slipping clutch, goosed manifold and very intermittent A/C

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info and the video @cjrshop - really helpful.

I've checked the valves and there is gas in the system.

When I press the A/C button to turn it on I can only hear a click in the engine bay, can't really hear anything else.

Have ordered te GM part from ebay - £1.95 will stick that in when it gets here to see if it makes any difference.

#11 ·
Thanks for the info and the video @CJRshop - really helpful.

I've checked the valves and there is gas in the system.

When I press the A/C button to turn it on I can only hear a click in the engine bay, can't really hear anything else.

Any ideas what I need to check next?
Thanks

Is the relay okay? , if you have gas (definitely ) you can disconnect the pressure switch just pull off the electrical plug on top and bridge out the connections if the compressor and fan come on you know that the switch is faulty .

#14 ·
I've located the switch you mention and even managed to get my fingers on the top of it.

Can't seem to get it off though. Even if I did I doubt that I could do anything meanigful with some wire in that small space.

I think I've reached the limit of my mechanical abilities with this one :laugh2:

I'll try the new switch I ordered anyway and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for your help.

#19 ·
Didn't want to start another thread but recently my air con has stopped working. Over the past month or so when I had the air con running the air con fan/compression (noise you hear when switch the air con on) was coming on more often until it was nearly always on, now the air con doesn't start up at all

I just checked the relay with another I had and it made no difference so it's not that.

Would that possibly just mean it needs re gassed? I don't know when the last time that was done :S

#21 ·
Just received my Mitsuba replacement relay this morning.
No delays here, I was straight out into the car park, to replace and check ...
Old Omron was quite stiff - tight fit and it had been there for nearly 10 years, but relented!!
In went the new one, all closed up, and fired up the car, switched on the climate control, set to 16, then Lo - like a fridge within seconds!!

SORTED!!

THANK YOU CIVINFO - could have cost me a small fortune.

Al.

#24 ·
The original relays were problematic. Mine used by be affected by bumps in the road. It took ages to diagnose but the relay was the problem. I think there are several relays next to each other that all look the same. It took a while to work out which controlled the air con. But the replacement has worked fine for six years now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.