2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Since a few days something strange is happening with my aircon. Everytime i start the car, the internal circulation pops on. So i deactivate it and press the 'auto' mode but then internal circulation pops on again :confused:
So i deactivate internal circulation again and put it on 'AC on' but then again, internal circulation starts to work. So i then have to press it again...
I am a bit concerned because i have been told that its not too good to let your airco work a long time on internal circulation.
The fans are also working like crazy when internal circulation is on, if i deactivate it, then it eases off a bit.
Bet this is another trip to the garage....
Hope someone could share some more info about this

grtz

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
It goes automatically to internal circulation to quicker reach the set temperature. As the air it has already cooled inside the car is cooler than than air outside.

Try increasing the temperature to see if it goes away or wait for some minutes until your set temperature is achieved.

If this does not help, you may have a problem, but too me it just sounds like spring is here!

More about aircon here:
Climate Control - Civinfo Wiki

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
ahh mine did this earlyer, i thought i must have pressed the recirculation button by accident!

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
This kept happening with mine so i just let it do its thing for a while and noticed that it eventually stops and then just keeps working to maintain the temp as set.
I only had ordinary air con on my old car so it was up to me to turn it on and off. Forgot at first that this car has climate control and likes to do its own thing :cool:

But the really good news is that in last few days the climate control has been working to cool my car rather than heat it for the first time since i got it. Roll on summer :D

·
Type-R GT -08
126 Posts
I also wondered why it turned the internal circulation on when it was hot outside.
But it is as mentioned to cool faster :cool:

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
I never use the auto mode, I like to control it myself. Computers aren't always good at guessing what you want. Apart from the excellent i-Shift!

·
Type-R GT -08
126 Posts
hehe ok :) I -shift is automatic gearbox i guess?
Well i don´t like automatic gearboxes. I want to decide for my self what gear i want to drive on :D

Ok it can come in handy when you drive alot in big cities, where there is much stop and go in traffic. But ...nah.. :cool:

My dad has automatic on his BMW 525xd, but that´s him.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
i-Shift is an automated manual. Just flick the paddles behind the steering wheel when you want to change gear. Or you can stay in Auto if you want.

·
Type-R GT -08
126 Posts
Ah..ok. Well paddles behind the wheel is cool. :cool:

·
4th Honda
64 Posts
I think another controlling factor is sunshine, remember that stuff, usually associated with a yellow disc in the sky? I've noticed that when the sun is shining directly on the sensor just in front of the windscreen the fan speed increases in anticipation of more cooling required. Clever stuff.

·
Type-R GT -08
126 Posts
I think another controlling factor is sunshine, remember that stuff, usually associated with a yellow disc in the sky? I've noticed that when the sun is shining directly on the sensor just in front of the windscreen the fan speed increases in anticipation of more cooling required. Clever stuff.
Oh that yellow thingy is called the sun? thx man.
Yeah i have noticed that increase on the fan to :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts