2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have re-charged my battery because it was flat this morning, not completly flat, but wouldnt start engine.

I have just re-connected the battery and the alarm goes off straight away. The key remote wont shut it off nor will inserting the key into the door locks. The engine still starts tho but the alarm continues to go off, it only shuts up when i dis-connect the battery. I have searched all over the net and consulted the honda manual and no help what so ever.

I really need to fix it ASAP as i have to head off for work at 4.30am tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Last time it happened to me it was just a case of locking and unlocking the car with key fob once the battery had enough charge.

Sorry can't help more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to add, i also know its not the key thats the problem as it locks and unlocks the car. just that the alarm wont shut off. I have also tried the spare keys.

Im getting close to kicking it to death lol, if no body can suggest a fix then i would be ok if someone could tell me how to disarm the alarm.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Try locking the car FIRST then take the battery of and then put it back on with the car still lock .And keys in your pocket

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
TRY LOCKING the car first and then take battery of and wait one hour be for putting battery back on. keep the keys in your pocket.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TRY LOCKING the car first and then take battery of and wait one hour be for putting battery back on. keep the keys in your pocket.
Hasnt worked alarm still goes off as soon as battery is connected, again engine starts and car locks and everything but alarm just keeps going lol.
A job for Honda me thinks, but i will give em a piece of my mind because this is stupid and probably gonna cost me money i cant afford.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Contacted Honda who said the Lithium battery in the Siren has gone and a new Siren will cost £555 + vat. I told him not a chance and asked how charging a battery could cause this, he said it was just a coincidence.

He did tho tell me how to disconnect the siren breifly. So this is what i intend to do, but could do with some advice here.

He told me its located in the passenger side rear panel,
And that i just unplug the wire, he said the alarm would still go off due to the back up battery but it would eventually die and hey presto.

So if anyone could give me a detailed explanation of what to do to disconnect the siren and get the rear panel off i would be very gratefull.

Must say i feel like they are trying to con me.

·
車神
305 Posts
Contacted Honda who said the Lithium battery in the Siren has gone and a new Siren will cost £555 + vat. I told him not a chance and asked how charging a battery could cause this, he said it was just a coincidence.

He did tho tell me how to disconnect the siren breifly. So this is what i intend to do, but could do with some advice here.

And that i just unplug the wire, he said the alarm would still go off due to the back up battery but it would eventually die and hey presto.

So if anyone could give me a detailed explanation of what to do to disconnect the siren and get the rear panel off i would be very gratefull.

Interesting...never knew the alarm could run out of power. Could they not replace the lithium battery rather than replacing the whole siren?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

How much - you could always do your own Falcon Six Tone Battery Backup Car Alarm Siren £14.99 - in-car-stuff.com - Car Alarms & Security, Car Audio, In Car DVD & TV, Car Styling, UK and Ireland delivery

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting...never knew the alarm could run out of power. Could they not replace the lithium battery rather than replacing the whole siren?
Apparantly not, it comes as a unit so the whole thing has to be replaced. But im confused as to why it has a battery and a back up battery, i would have assumed it runs of the engine battery and has a back up incase my engine battery runs flat?... :confused:

But my main focus is getting into the panel where the siren is hiding, any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alarm problem too

Hi Johnny

Did you manage to get your alarm fixed? My car is doing exactly the same thing too after the battery went flat and I charged it back up.
I have a civic ex 2006 model.

The alarm goes off if you unlock/lock the car, but the engine will still start.

Not looking to pay the £555 + VAT you werer quoted by Honda!

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
If the alarm will come apart, you should be able to get a battery for it. Google the battery make or any numbers and you should get somewhere;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but did you sort this out? I have the identical problem with my 06 Civic ES and have been advise by my dealership to disconnect the siren to save the £600-odd for a new unit. They told me it's located behind the trim over the driver's side rear wheel but won't go into any further details. I've heard of people doing this but was wondering if you or anyone else here had successfully removed the trim. Any pointers, advice (what not to break!) or order of removal would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
alarm problem after jump start solved

I had a similar problem after I forgot to swtich off my head lights on a foggy morning.As expected when it was time to go home the battery was flat.Managed to get jump leads with a friends help and was able to get the car started.However my happiness was short lived.As soon as I reached the alarm went bonkers.It kept on going off for non reason.I tried everything mentioned on honda uk/US forums but of no avail.Finally the next day on one the posts,I believe it US forum said as follows.Insert the key in the ignition and turn it to position II and repeat it once more without taking out the key.Once you have done it the second time take out the key and exit the car and lock it as usual with a remote fob and thats it..It worked for me.Dont ask me how I dont know much about cars.....:):):):)

·
Registered
1 Posts
this worked for me. for the alarm issue started when I depressed the lock button when the car was running. (long story don't ask) so the fix was connect battery, alarm starts to sound. put key in ignition and turn to on position, then off and then to on again. then remove key close door (alarm will still be sounding) and then lock car with remote. this fixed the issue for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced my battery in my 2002 Honda Accord with the same problem. After connecting the battery, then turning the key to position II twice, then with the key, locking, unlocking, and locking again....the alarm finally turned off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts