2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I bought bc coilovers model BR and i have some problem. i want to adjust hight on rear springs and when i measure same hight on the springs always right side is lower around 1.5 cm then left side between tyre and wheel arch. Any suggestion why is like that?? On the springs and shocks for the back wasnt any label about sides( left or right) just on the front . Could be any diffrent beetween left one and right one shock?? Thanks for answer .

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
I can't comment on the BC kit but to get my rear arches level I need to set my rear spring perches differently left to right.

I queried this with Grinspeed and they said it was fairly common.

After adjusting the rears you may find that you need to tweak your fronts again. As you adjust one corner, the car kinda tilts around. I think I went around my car 3 times until I closed in on equal arch heights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not dangerous if you set springs differently? Still will be ok for the driving? Even if different will be around 20 mm?

Wysłane z mojego D5803 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Uneven ride heights suggests uneven spring loads, so it's safer to get them consistent.

It's no different from getting corner weights adjusted.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Shouldn't you measure from the centre of the wheel rather than the tyre also to prevent minor miscalculations?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already i have 10mm different between left and right spring and right side is still lower then left side . So you suggest to set right sprung more higher even if that will be 20mm?? Sorry for that much questions but i want to do that properly. I measure from edge of the alloy i measure from the center of the wheel. I measure lenght of the spring when car was lifted and when car was on the ground.. Same lenght when car was lifted , 5mm different when car was on the ground between the lenght of the springs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Farqui .. do you have big diffrent between set up left and right springs in your car??

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Farqui .. do you have big diffrent between set up left and right springs in your car??
It's noticeable, something like 15mm different as a rough guess.

I can double check when my spacers arrive.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Perhaps the coilovers are sided? Sit in the car and get someone to measure perhaps it evens out?

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
It's noticeable, something like 15mm different as a rough guess.

I can double check when my spacers arrive.
FYI: my rear spring perches are 11mm different side to side, giving arch heights within a couple mm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FYI: my rear spring perches are 11mm different side to side, giving arch heights within a couple mm.
Thanks. I adjust my rear springs with different around 15 mm . Spaces between arches and tyres are the same now :) Thanks for help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts