2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lights on my auto window switch for my passenger window are not illuminating. It sounds to me like a fuse but everything else seems to function correctly.

If anyone could "shed some light" on the problem that would be great :)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Correct.

If you press the "windows off" button, the passenger side AND rear window buttons are no longer illuminated and also do not function.

Are the rear window buttons also not illuminated?
Does the driver side window operate?

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I do indeed have a Type-R.

Anyone have any idea what the prob could be please?
As others have mentioned there is a button on the drivers door that 'locks out' the operation of the other windows in the car. As yours is a Type R that means just the passenger side window control. It also switches off the illumination on the passenger side button.

Check this isn't activated.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
As others have mentioned there is a button on the drivers door that 'locks out' the operation of the other windows in the car. As yours is a Type R that means just the passenger side window control. It also switches off the illumination on the passenger side button.

Check this isn't activated.
Exactly.

Step 1 - does the passenger window go up and down?

·
Registered
302 Posts
as said if you press the button on the drivers door to lock out the passenger side window,the lights on the passenger door will go out,just a quick question,the lockout button on my drivers door dosn't illuminate,is it supposed to ??

·
Registered
302 Posts
yeah but the cut-out switch on my drivers door is unlit even when not engaged !!:confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts