2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have just bought a 2011 civic type s gt and got problems. Ive noticed around 30-40 mph the engine judders or hesitates,when i put my foot down in second gear im getting a loud whineing sound a bit like a landrover sound or lsd which the type s hasnt got. Also when the car is left over night then drive i get a knocking sound from the passenger side rear of the car. Any ideas people before i take it back would like to know if whineing sound is normal. Thanks

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
What engine do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
The whine you can get with the 2.2 which is what I have, not too knowledgeable with the 1.8. I know there are some serious gearheads on here that would be able to help. Can't believe they haven't put their 2¢ in yet. Wish I could help more...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know thought this site was helpfful more replys about climate control above this. Thanks anyway.

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
i know thought this site was helpfful more replys about climate control above this. Thanks anyway.
Site is very helpful...you just need to be patient...I guess most of the guys and ladies have not had the chance to read your thread...even myself...

Ok here goes: In regards to the knocking noise when you drive off check these threads:http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels-tyres-suspension-brakes/42028-suspension-knocking-noise-pls-read.html
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels-tyres-suspension-brakes/53901-ball-joints.html
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels-tyres-suspension-brakes/5876-bump-stops.html

For the whining noise, I am sorry I cant help, I seem to remember reading somewhere in the forum about this being normal or so...not sure...

Cheers
Blink

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Hi i have just bought a 2011 civic type s gt and got problems. Ive noticed around 30-40 mph the engine judders or hesitates,when i put my foot down in second gear im getting a loud whineing sound a bit like a landrover sound or lsd which the type s hasnt got. Also when the car is left over night then drive i get a knocking sound from the passenger side rear of the car. Any ideas people before i take it back would like to know if whineing sound is normal. Thanks
I the car is 2011 it is still under warranty, why don't you pop it back to the dealer and get them to check it out?

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Take it back and get them to have a look at it, I wouldn't have thought these noises were normal

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
The knocking doesn't sound healthy at all, 100% would take it back for peace of mind because if there is something seriously wrong it will be best to catch the problem early before it devlops in to a serious problem.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
regarding the creak;

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels-tyres-suspension-brakes/42028-suspension-knocking-noise-pls-read.html

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels-tyres-suspension-brakes/52226-creaking-suspension-fix-yet.html

which might be helpful. If its a creak from the rear first thing in the morning when cold I had the same thing with my type S and both the type R's. On mine it goes after going round the first two corners off my estate.

with regard to the engine whine, I can't remember my type S doing it, get that check out with the dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
We have got a 2011 type s but 1.4 with i-shift, and have covered 2000 miles and have not had any of your problems, hope you get them resolved, everybody is really helpful on this site, but I would have been straight back down the dealers and contacting Honda UK for advice.:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok thanks guys and ladies ill be taking it back on monday, im getting worried about the whining sound and its def not my missis.
im really shocked i did not expect these problems with a new honda if anyone else has had or got any of these faults let me know please just to add ive only done 700 miles so far.

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
Please let us know what the stealer says...someone else may have this in the future and follow-up input would be very helpful!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
will do def let you all know what happens hope i dont get a jazz as replacement then ill be really angry

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Whats up with a Jazz? so Jazzy.

Hope you get them things sorted.

After I heard a knocking sound I had my bump stops replaced by the dealer. This solved the problem.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I mentioned the rear creaking/knocking sound when speaking to the dealer on Friday to book the wife's FK2 for its 3rd service.

The Honda tech knew all about it, and said Honda are aware but there is no fix as of yet. He said it is not a safety issue though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts