2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

What % of Cars have had a problem?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Maybe we could go into more detail on Engine....What were the problems exactly? Even Diesel or Petrol would be interesting....

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I would go so far as to have "I couldn't be happier with my car, if only the HFT was better" as a button.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Happy :)
Should be collecting mine shortly after its overnight stay at the dealership for the inside door panels replaced (scratches from new) and the paint chip on the pillar which I presume they'll have done a good job of...

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Fedorov, it must be killing you reading all the comments on the car,with you still waiting that is. I know from my own experience the week before I picked up my car I averaged about 4hrs sleep.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
kevin_lufc said:
Fedorov, it must be killing you reading all the comments on the car,with you still waiting that is. I know from my own experience the week before I picked up my car I averaged about 4hrs sleep.
Kevin, read again, it was going in after me having it for 2 weeks just to get those cosmetic bits sorted, otherwise it's perfect so far.... :)

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Federov, my armrest on the drivers door was scratched when collected, I thought it was pen so insisted when they had it back for other remedial work, like the carpet not fitting it was valeted to remove it, turns out its a scratch, dealer has agreed to replace it at first service.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Fedorov said:
kevin_lufc said:
Kevin, read again, it was going in after me having it for 2 weeks just to get those cosmetic bits sorted, otherwise it's perfect so far.... :)

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88

:oops: D'oh yet another blonde moment :oops:

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Hey I get my replacement this week and im as nervous as hell :?

Especially as the 1.4 Civic demonstrator I am driving has no climate control as it doesnt work and it would appear after having a word with the dealer that the petrol gauge is also not working as I have put petrol in 4 times in last 24hrs and it says 0 miles left and its below the red line!!

Oh and for the record - my interior was scratched in 3 places when I picked it up first time around but I never mentioned it as didn't notice til I got it home, do you think I will look obsessed if i take a magnifying glass second time around 8)

Hey ho you gotta laugh :lol:

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Oh and for the record - my interior was scratched in 3 places when I picked it up first time around but I never mentioned it as didn't notice til I got it home, do you think I will look obsessed if i take a magnifying glass second time around
Go for it and give it a good going over. It's your hard earned cash at the end of the day that's paying for it and keeping the dealer in business. If it's not right, don't be frightened to tell them.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Just got mine back, both door armrests have been replaced, look fine, paint chip on pillar - can't tell it was ever there :)

But... turned engine off when I got home on drive and as I went to turn the fan off I looked closely at that part of the dash, wiped a bit of dust away with my finger and noticed all these scratches!!!
Also on the other photo you can see 2 almost vertical scratches to the left of the rev counter, you can feel these easily with your fingernail, there's a reverse-L shape scratch down near the bottom of the rev counter as well if you look, there are more all the way across the main plastic panel and the whole section where the red start button is has zillions of very fine hairline scratches.

Phoned dealer straight away and I'm popping down with it tomorrow - I've not even tried to clean any of that myself since collecting the car 2 weeks ago, I've asked if someone has tried to clean it with something abrasive...

Attachments

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
That is terrible :shock:

The dash is far too fragile for my liking, it scratches to easily, mine was scratched when I got it and I put more scratches on it trying to dust it!! The demonstrator I am driving now is also badly scratched.

I think its an issue Honda need to look at, I bet they make changes to the materials used on the dash at a later date.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Well...

1) I honestly cannot believe they were there *before* it went in on Monday i.e. I collected my car from new in that state! If so I'm going to the opticians tomorrow for an eye test!!!

2) Pottsy hasn't done a "how to" dismantle all that iPod nano non-scratch resistant plastic dash - how easy is it going to be to have it swapped from another model?

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
I read somewhere (cant remember if it was on here :? ) about someone else who had a badly scratched interior and the dealership said they would go halves on the cost of replacing it all, although in your case they should just replace it.

I would imagine its just a case of unscrewing it all, my concern is how do you keep a car long term in perfect condition when it is so easy to damage!!

I can believe that they gave it back to you in that state thinking you wouldn't notice! Beware the metal finish on the doors that is just as bad, I put a few scratches on there just getting in and out, think its cos I held the keys in my hand while doing it!! When you buy a car you need to be able to enjoy it without having to worry about damaging it doing "normal" things!!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
After further thought... they had to do the chipped paint on the pillar with the drivers door open or off so plenty of dust/crap probably went on all that nice plastic, they then try to rub it all off instead of using a good blast of air!!!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
re. the problem poll.

What about "electrical" section ?. :oops:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts