2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Just took delivery of my 57-plate 2.2ES yesterday. I must admit I was a bit worried coming from a MK5 Golf GTTDI but my worries are definately unfounded!

A quick Q: I have tried burning a couple of MP3 cd's without success. I have tried bunging MP3 files onto a re-writable and a standard CDR and when I put them in the CD player the display just says 'DISC ERR' - is there a particular way you have to burn these discs? :confused:

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Did you 'Close' the disc?

Non-computers require that the disk is 'Closed' - put the cds back in your computer fire up your burning software and try to close them

HTH

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
They are just burned as 'data' files.

Not sure whether CDRW is a valid media though but your CDR's should have worked.

Also, watch the bitrate, not all are supported.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

I am using iTunes on a Mac to burn a 'data' CD so it should be 'closed'. I have also tried burning a proper 'mp3 cd' but that didn't work either.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Can you play it on any other equipment?

Hang on... you are using iTunes - doesn't that put all kinds of nasty DRM into the files to prevent them being played on anything that is not your computer or iPod? (that's why i don't use it!!!!)

Could that be the reason? (I can't check for you as I said I don't use iTunes and I don't own an iPod)

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AFAIK DRM only happens if the original has DRM (which mine don't). If I bung the CD back in the Mac (or PC) it plays just fine.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Try using another programme to record your cd. I always use Nero, but there are loads of progammes around, many of them free or shareware. I wouldn't use a re writable disc as by their very nature the tracks are not burned as effectively as with a normal cdr.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey!
I have the same problems!
My thought is that we are burning the CD`s too fast which means I am burning the disc with 40x... so the data is maybe not deep enough in the layer or something...
Another reason could be the disc itself... I will try another lablel today.
Post will follow... [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
To check if its the media, make a proper audio cd first and try that. If that plays then its the content not the disk. Also if its iTunes, make sure its definatly and MP3 and not an AAC which iPods use to save space.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nero and CD-RW works for me.
Maybe you have to check for a firmware upgrade of you cd/dvd burner, or to buy a new one. My last burner was able to burn cdrw, and the disc wasn't readable, itself too !! No pb with the new burner, also with old cdrw ....

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I use Itunes to create playlists and the MP3s (192 kbits/s) and then burn them to CD R/W at 12x using Nero.
I think the easiest option would be for you to send one of us a R/W and see if it plays on our system ok. We could then burn a new one for you, so that you can try it out.
Happy to do this for you if you want to send me a PM.

·
Exiled Englishman
606 Posts
I have used Itunes, Nero and windows media player to burn discs all of which were playable in my car, I am using philips cdr- 700 and burn at the fastest speed possible. I hav made normal audio disc by copying a commercial cd and also mp3 discs with a mixture of mp3 and wma files.
I would suggest it is probably your burner rather than a problem with software or discs. like other folk have said try them in another player 1st, if they work in other players the could be a problem with the player in the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have exactly the same problem on my 57 plate CTR GT.
I have tried two different burnt CDRs (a decent Sony one and a bulk-purchase unbranded one) but I haven't varied my burner speed yet, I'll try a slower speed.

If anyone is willing to try out a CD in their car, could they PM me please and I'll post a disc down?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts