2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I think my civic's developed a problem with playing MP3 CD's.

I'm playing a cd with about 8 folders on it, each an album. What happens is, halfway through a song, it'll jump to another album entirely!

Say you where listning to album 3 track 4, it would jump to album 6 track one!

It always seems to jump to the start of an album though.

Anyone had a similar experience?

·
Exiled Englishman
606 Posts
Does this happen with all of your MP3 Cd's or is it just one in particular? I haven't heard of it before but if it is one cd it may have been corrupted during recording, try making a new MP3 CD and playing it again.

·
Administrator
21,246 Posts
The secret here seems to be to burn at the slowest possible speed, use quality CDR's and never use sticky labels.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well its the first MP3CD ive used that had folders, and i filled it to the max. Didnt get any errors when Nero verified it either.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Some CD players are more sensitive to the recording speed than others. Occasionally mine refuses to display folder & track data on CDs that have previously been fine, then later they'll work fine again. Maybe it could be something to do with temperature affecting components?

Don't forget to put your 1st album's worth of tracks in the root folder... just makes my OCD chill out a bit to see the 1st album on a disk show as folder 1 instead of folder 2... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
have you tried a different brand of cds ? ,i had a similar problem on my last car and would only work 100% with verbatim cds
so far though this civic works ok with different brands

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Same here. OK so far.
Use wma (192 kbit/s) giving 9 albums per disc (sky ultra) max burn speed with Deep Burner.

·
Dandy Don
170 Posts
Some CD players are more sensitive to the recording speed than others. Occasionally mine refuses to display folder & track data on CDs that have previously been fine, then later they'll work fine again. Maybe it could be something to do with temperature affecting components?

Don't forget to put your 1st album's worth of tracks in the root folder... just makes my OCD chill out a bit to see the 1st album on a disk show as folder 1 instead of folder 2... :rolleyes:
Mine does the same, doesn't display track & folder information, and some tracks will also skip for no apparent reason.

Going to try slower burn speeds!

Stu

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
burning slow is always better. i have the same problem with 1 cd so i have to make it over.

·
Administrator
21,246 Posts
I've burnt all mine as MP3 via Nero at 12x (slowest it will allow me).

I use the Verbatim CDR Printables from my local Smifffs or Partners and I have never had a problem.

·
Dandy Don
170 Posts
The ones I have tried were burnt at 16X on Datawrite media using XP's built in burner.

I am away on business at the mo, so will have to try them when I get home!

Stu

·
Dandy Don
170 Posts
I have found that most of the track I was having problems with needed re-encoded to MP3 (decoded back to WAV and encoded to MP3 again), after this they seemed to work no problem!

It seems that the Civic head unit might just be picky with dodgy encodes? (Or its maybe variable bit rates etc?)

Stu

·
Registered
47 Posts
you have the ability to burn at x2 on iTunes.

audio CD should be burnt at around x8 or x12 nothing more
it also depends if its a digital .mp3 or an analoge .mp3 lol

digital mp3's can be burnt at a higher rate but an analoge has to be burnt at a lower rate or you will getting high pitch sounds coming out :p

o and hi im new here :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts