2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I found this video (plus many others showing the same procedure) showing you how to program a new blank key to your Honda without the need for Honda to do it for you (saving £60+)

Will this work with our Honda's?
The keys are the same, so likely the chip and transponder the same too.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone tried this before?

I've found a number of websites and video tutorials for this same proceedure on Honda models.

Would be worth it if it works - people can then buy a blank key (with chip) for approx £40 on Ebay, get it cut for about £10 - then program it themselves.

Saves paying Honda Dealer £200+

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes my quote from honda was £270 for the key + £70 to pair it!!
Why don't you give it a go?
I've found genuine blank keys on EBay for £25+3 postage.
HONDA ACCORD CIVIC 2 BUTTON REMOTE KEY FOB CASE + 433MHZ + CHIP ID46 | eBay

Then you can get the blade cut at your local Timpsons (key cutters)

Nothing to loose. If it doesn't work, just pay the dealer to program it, at least you save on the cost of the key and potentially a massive saving overall.

I don't need a spare key otherwise I'd do it. I just thought I'd share it with the forum.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I did this years ago with my wifes car key. It was a Ford Fiesta, and the process was to acquire a transponder key, get the key shape cut at the locksmith, then follow the procedure printed in the back of the Fiesta owners handbook. As I remember, the new key was 'cloned' by inserting it in the ignition switch of the car. The new key adopts the characteristics (code?) of the master key. I did need the original 'master' key to start the process, and I had to follow the steps exactly, within a stated timed period.
It did work, though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Think this will only get the remote working, not the immobiliser part, still have to see honda, also I think Timpsons have stopped cutting just a blade, they only supply a whole key with no remote buttons. Quoted me £55

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts