2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

As some of you know I picked up my Civic yesterday. Very happy with it so far, just a couple of niggles i need to sort out, but expected on a 2nd hand motor.

The car came with 2 keys. One of them looks brand spanking new, but the buttons don't lock or unlock the car.
Is there a way for me to program it myself or would I have to go to the Stealer to get it done. Both me and the Mrs want a working key ;)

:popcorn2:

·
Registered
275 Posts
ignition on, wait a second and press the lock button. then turn the igniton off. repeat 5 times untill the central locking works. then press the lock button on your other fob and they should both be coded in.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Without sounding stupid, but this wont affect the key that IS working?

Thanks for the response btw :)

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:attention:

Ive done some searches and still cant find a definitive answer.
A lot of them say you need both keys or 1 master key when it is done. But then there seems to be confusion on what model and year. As I only have 1 working key i don't want to **** it up. Otherwise im gonna have to do the stealer and Ive seen prices up to £140 :(

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll let you know what price I end up paying. going to try all the local Hondas and see what the best price I can get is

·
Registered
275 Posts
the instructions i gave you will program both keys. perhapse it is best for a honda dealer to do this for you as i seam to have lost you. it is a 2 second job and i would see it as being unreasonable for a dealer to charge you for it.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
If you just got it take it back.. sale of goods act states goods must be of merchantable quality.. if it aint they fix!! If they give you any snash tell them you will report to Honda UK.. if they franchised consumer direct if not.... address will be in phonebook

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,man, do you know your key chip type? If you know, you can make new keys by yourself, just need a key programmer, i am a mechnician own a e-shop on www.auobd2.com, here are many tools for Hond Civic keys, you can have a look,or contact me with some technical problem.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
This may sound stupid but....

Do you think that the key may look like it's never been used because it hasn't and the battery has just gone flat?

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update on my spare key, spoke to Honda in Warrington who re-programmed it and replaced the battery for £13 all in :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts