2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week is the week I delved into the Japanese car market and bought myself a 2008 CTR FN2 In Milano Red.
Having drooled over my mates EP3 for many years, the wife and I started searching for a FN2 and found this beauty.
Stats as follows:
2008 FN2
91k on Clock
Part History, mainly by Honda
Bodywork is near enough mint, one or two areas look like they have been resprayed and have a few bubbles.
Interior again is excellent, red floor carpet has a hole in drivers footwell, I will get round to replacing it soon.

The Car (dealer photos):

Plans:
A tight budget and lack of free time means I have no major plans until at least the summer/autumn. Performance mods will likely be 2019, so until then, my focus is to restore it to as mint condition as I possibly can, with a couple of minor discreet additions.
Namely, full paintwork correction, new Number Plates, Bulbs, mats, refurb Alloys etc.

This thread may be boring for some, it’s not going to cause much excitement, but I’m going to use it as a diary of the car under my ownership...

·
Enjoying life
8,541 Posts
A cheap mod but one that will make a nice refresh.... Spray the exhaust triangles, yours look tired (like mine did). I did mine with etch primer and black bbq paint.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A cheap mod but one that will make a nice refresh.... Spray the exhaust triangles, yours look tired (like mine did). I did mine with etch primer and black bbq paint.
I like that idea! Need to do my log burner too :grin2:

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Looks good mate :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
4,279 Posts
Credit cards are your best friend, or for me cash jobs :lol:

·
4,279 Posts
I do yeah. Not one for following the crowd but it's spot on.

·
Enjoying life
8,541 Posts
There's a how to somewhere for cleaning the mould out of the rear light clusters, another very cheap improvement

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do yeah. Not one for following the crowd but it's spot on.
I think it’s beautiful, the purists May shoot me but I’m not actually a fan of the stock “ball” gearknob. Think I’ll save for a SK one

There's a how to somewhere for cleaning the mould out of the rear light clusters, another very cheap improvement
I have a list as long as my arm I’m eager too get started, the lights is one of them. Toothbrush, syringe and weak bleach solution so I’m told...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had a good day today, the wife was off work so I got to see the car for the first time since Saturday! :laugh2:
Firstly, the green algae in the rear lights. I decided to remove the two indicator lights completely...

The rear lights however I couldn’t remove, tbh I saw how many bolts were holding them in and decided against it. They haven’t come out perfect, but much better than before...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whilst fitting the new front number plate, I noticed some lacquer peel on the lower front splitter. Which means I will just HAVE to get a GP front splitter...:grin2:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I then fitted my Nighteye Bulbs, but no pictures yet.

Finally, I hoovered and vax all the carpets. Sadly the drivers footwell has some holes, but in time I will sort this...

Only one before...

And a few after...

Next up:
New handbrake Handle, gear gaiter and gearknob!

·
Administrator
18,057 Posts
Well done.

I remember that the center light panel is indeed held on with a seemingly endless number of tiny nuts. While removing them everyone one of them seemed desperate to jump free and hide in the depths of the tail gate, to haunt you whilst rattling around on EVERY drive.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well done.

I remember that the center light panel is indeed held on with a seemingly endless number of tiny nuts. While removing them everyone one of them seemed desperate to jump free and hide in the depths of the tail gate, to haunt you whilst rattling around on EVERY drive.
Well that’s not talking from experience AT ALL >:)

·
Administrator
18,057 Posts
Haha, I think one 'got away' but I managed to find it before it haunted me.

Doing the job with the door open/raised means loose parts are less likely to fall inside the tailgate ;)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts