2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone visiting this thread.

My name is Sjoerd and I'm the proud owner of a Milano Red Type S Advantage from 2011. Bought with 49.990 km/31.062 miles on the clock, so it's barely broken in.
The car was originally sold in Germany, where it was also serviced at the same Honda garage. After 1 owner it got imported and I'm the first owner in The Netherlands.

This will be my progress thread on everything I will do with the car. So tag along for the (literal) ride!

Let's start with photos of the purchase, January 13th 2018;

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next up were the rims. The previous owner wasn't nice to them and they had curb damage all around.
I decided on metallic space gray.

Off go the wheels for a loaner set, and now I want a "back to the future" option on my car.

Around the same time Elon Musk send a Tesla Roadster into space, so I photoshopped my own spaceship into space;

After a few days I could pick up my freshly painted rims. Hmmm, shiny;

The result so far;

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ofcourse, this is only the start...

My first big investment was a respray of most of the car. Both doors, a part of the back, pretty much all the skirts had some kind of damage and the hood which looked like the moon.
On top of that I decided my car also needed gills, so I ordered the Mugen front fenders to get those sprayed and fitted at the same time.

A week later;

And the end result was stunning;

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now, of course when you get a respray, the stupidest thing you can do is start driving the car again without any protection.
So into another garage the car went after being out for 1 minute and that's where it stayed for another 2 weeks to let the paint dry out.

After that was done I got Xpel paint protection film for my hood and the rest of the car got professionally detailed, paint sealed and finished off with a nano-coating.

And that brings me to the date of this post. The weather is good, I finally have my car back after 3 weeks and I'm loving the looks.
But... more is on the way! Stay tuned.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Small update:

Mainly enjoyed the car as is. But those stock greyish calipers look horrible, so black they go!

And some new floor mats, because the old ones weren't as nice anymore.

And last weekend I did a thing:

Threw the S over the Nordschleife, great fun. Definitely needs coil-overs and some minor brake updates before the next round. Which is a good excuse for a summer project!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts