2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the car now for about 3 months and you could say I've got the R bug or civinfo bug. As I've got big plans for it, I thought it would be easier to post a project thread rather than individual threads.

I previously owned a EP3 and also spent a lot of time getting it like I wanted. My new one is a Type R GT on an 08 plate and I plan on keeping it for sometime. I pretty much saved for years for it and I'm so pleased with it. Makes me smile everytime I look at it.

I have got the cash to upgrade and pretty much finish where I want to be. But I don't really want to use a large proportion of my savings to spend on the car. So right now I'm enjoying upgrading parts each months, its all part of the fun.

Here's what I've done currently;
- Rages
- Heko's
- Sumo Oil Cap
- HKS Rad Cap
- HKS RSK (may change in near future)
- HKS Replacement Filter (Red)
- Carbon Roof/mirrors (Wrap)
- Samco Hose's (coolant)
- Samco Hose's (breather)
- Skunk2 Gear Knob
- Battery Strap - (Rick R)
- Interior Lighting (Rick R)
- Upgraded Bulbs
- Type r grill badge
- Type R Side Decal
- Spoon Socks

Next Up;
- Eibach's
- Rear Windows tinted
- Custom Exhaust Build
- Fast Road Set Up
- Grooved Disk & Green Stuff
- LSD
- GP Kit
- Mugen Wing
- Possible Charger (next year)
- Stage 1 Clutch Kit
- OEM CTR alloys painted gloss black (winter tyres)
- ??????

The Day I picked her up & said goodbuy to the EP3;

First addition; Heko's & Type R Grill Badge (yes it;s not straight) It is now :D

R Badge relocated correctly

Rage's - very happy with these (before the R badge was relocated)

Added; RSK, Sumo Oil Cap & HKS Rad Cap

As I bought the RSK second hand, I couldn't be sure of when the filter was replaced, so swaped for a new nice red one. (Thanks Sumo)

Carbon Roof & Mirror's wrapped

Spoons Arrived & Fitted

Samco's Arrived & Fitted

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Battery Strap added

Footwell Lighting Installed (sorry for low quality photo)

Side Decal Added;

Skunk2 Added;

In between posting this I've ordered by Eibach's.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Lovely looking car mate, where did you get the side decals with the white outline? The standard ones looks rubbish on the milano imo.

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
looking good matey, great looking car and nice start to your project. look forward to seeing more.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Lovely looking car.. carbon on milano has always looke good.

Snap up the wavetrac LSD deal TDi Are currently offering. Might aswell keep em while they're cheap.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fantastic addition!!!!

What's next?
:facepalm:
Eibach's & FRS, ordered the eibach's yesterday, so they'll hopefully arrive for the weekend.

I also think I'll be buying a brake upgrade at some point today. Seems right to do the lot whilst I've got the wheels off ;)

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bit of an update, moving quite quickly now;

Eibach's were on order but Eibach have just rang me to state they are out of stock and won't have any in for 6 to 8 weeks. Did'nt fancy the wait so they refunded me the money instantly. Can't fault that service.

So instead I've ordered;

- Tein S -Tech, be with me for the weekend as confirmed stock :)
- Grilled & Groved Discs & new pads, also be with me for the weekend :)

Also just booked in for my custom exhaust build & fit for the 5th July 2011.

Due to the fact I may be getting a charger in March next year and by then everything will be ready for it. I am going to go for an increased bore. Normally 2.5 but I'm going for either 2.75 or 3.00, with a temporay resonator to reduce sound until the charger. Other wise it would be too loud for my liking.

Now just to explain to the Mrs that I've spent another grand & she's still not got an engagement ring. lol

Hope to get over to TDI north in July for FRS & Flashpro. Be interested to see what my BHP will be. Hopefully around the 220 mark.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
- Tein S -Tech, be with me for the weekend as confirmed stock :)
- Grilled & Groved Discs & new pads, also be with me for the weekend :)
Tasty! [smilie=yum.gif] [smilie=giggle.gif]

Hope to get over to TDI north in July for FRS & Flashpro. Be interested to see what my BHP will be. Hopefully around the 220 mark.
Shouldn't be far off with those mods. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tasty! [smilie=yum.gif] [smilie=giggle.gif]

Shouldn't be far off with those mods. :thumbsup:
Just picked up on that. Haha. I'll learn to spell check. Just had a quote to fit the lot for £190, disc, pad's and springs. Not too bad. If I had the time I'd get them done myself.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Very nice looking car, and a nice list of mods...... Similar list to me :)

·
SGP Fk8
9,725 Posts
nice car dude :) impressive mod list

where did you get the samcos and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice car dude :) impressive mod list

where did you get the samcos and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking
Amber performance, for the both coolant and breather it was in the region of around £160 delivered. However the rad hose's are a bit of a pain to fit. Pretty simple to do if you take your time.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts