2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right well i plan on sleeping in the car and its cold so whats the worst that can happen leavin the car to idle for 7-8 hours?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
HKS RSK COOKING! seriously sit idle for 10 minutes and watch you intake temp on flashpro

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I've sat in traffic for a good 3-4 hours before in London without the car moving much, and it was in summer. I think it should be fine. Cab drivers have their cars running all day and are in and out of traffic.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
LOL this is really random... first time ive heard this but put it this way, when we build my friend's b16a with a turbo, new forged pistons etc... we let the engine at idle for over 8 hours without a problem... though in my opinion i would be more worried/concerned about carbon monoxide building up inside the cabin for whatever reason :/

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
LOL this is really random... first time ive heard this but put it this way, when we build my friend's b16a with a turbo, new forged pistons etc... we let the engine at idle for over 8 hours without a problem... though in my opinion i would be more worried/concerned about carbon monoxide building up inside the cabin for whatever reason :/
nice! lol:rolleyes:

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
I dont think you should have any problems, unless faulty no reason for it to overheat. Idle uses about quarter of a gallon an hour so 2 gallons for 8 hours is much cheaper than travel lodge. Not sure about the cat though, personally think it would be ok, as somebody has said they sat for 3 hours in london in the summer.
Bloody uncomfortable 8 hours though!

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont think you should have any problems, unless faulty no reason for it to overheat. Idle uses about quarter of a gallon an hour so 2 gallons for 8 hours is much cheaper than travel lodge. Not sure about the cat though, personally think it would be ok, as somebody has said they sat for 3 hours in london in the summer.
Bloody uncomfortable 8 hours though!
Rear seats down, thin matress, pillow and quilt... quite compfy actually =)

Done this 3 times now with no real problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts