2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this is a new site, and we're getting a trickle of new users here.

The best recruitment ground we have available is not letting us advertise there (which you can understand to a degree).

So, we need to be a little bit clever about attracting more people into the community. I am certain that there are more like minded people who want to modify, care for, and discuss the new civic.

So, to help promote the site, I am going to design some A5 flyers which I will keep in my car and whenever I park near another civic, I'm going to pop one on the windscreen!

I'll post the file in here in case anyone else fancies doing something similar!

Car window stickers are another option, but might be a bit expensive/tacky ;)

Getting listed in google will also obviously help, and do try to pass on the site URL to others you may think would contribute.

Cheers

gissing

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Gissing, you are a star. It might be worth posting the flyer here so we can all print it off and have a go at flyering.

I've tried hard to make the forum Googlable (still a few more mods to be done - phpBB is not really like by Google), and I've gone around all the other forums I post in to change my sig to contain www.civinfo.com - that way when Google rescans thse forums then it will come back with loads of links.

I have submitted to dmoz, but nothing yet.h

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think they are the banning type. I rather suspect they are reading this forum anyway.

We are trying to achieve different things really.

They are a blog, which is sponsored by Honda, which gives customers access to the brand.

This is a forum, which is just for owners of one generation of one particular honda car.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
perhaps say it's independent from honda and/or run by car owners/enthusiasts like your self...

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
taa said:
perhaps say it's independent from honda and/or run by car owners/enthusiasts like your self...
I'll run up another version tomorrow - hadn't seen those other flyers before, and it obviously works as an idea if others are doing it!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I like this one:

I've been in trouble before with trade names, both with BMW and Porsche. It's very important not to use the words Civic or Honda, and not in a way that can lead to confusion. That's why I avoided using the word Civic in the website name.

I like the font used, the drop shadow obv, have you tried with a splash of colour to zing it up a bit?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Remember the site was down for 6 hours the other day - well I think the googlebot visited then and now we're totally out of Google :shock:

Very frustrating.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
If any costs are being incurred, by Pottsy, Gissing, or anyone else,

could we form a club, with a subscription to help things along ?.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Thanks for the thought, but..

Free - always free and totally free. This kind of site though holds value in what its members contribute, and as time continues it will become a useful resource for new visitors. It's what the internet is good at!

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Pottsy said:
Thanks for the thought, but..

Free - always free and totally free. This kind of site though holds value in what its members contribute, and as time continues it will become a useful resource for new visitors. It's what the internet is good at!
Well said :D

1 - 20 of 78 Posts