2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have come here to get some hints and tips on whether to get a civic or not, and which one.

I have had a look at a few and I am due to take a test drive next Tuesday.

1.8 es is the favourite at the moment.

Rick

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Hi Rick, Welcome.

The 1.8 ES is an excellent choice.

I find it good fun to drive, and look for any excuse to have a 300 miles blast up to Glasgow.

I'm sure you'll know after the test drive whether it's a car 'you can live with', or a car 'you really want'. That's what happened to me, I knew the Civic was right as soon as I pulled off (the forecourt).

Finally, don't be afraid to use the full rev range during the test drive, that's where a lot of the fun hides. 1st is good for 39mph, 2nd up to 64 (without even going into the red). Above 4,000 rpm it's a different car, and sounds great.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Clive

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hey RIck, welcome to Civinfo.

Whilst we maybe biased towards Civics on here we are generally good at helping people choose the 'right' car;).

I have had my car since last december (07) and I have done 10000 km in it - the car if fantastic, maybe the best car I have ever had. The styling and the performance are great. If you like gadgets then I believe the EX is the one to go for. I don't live in the UK and even though I have an EX the spec if different.

Take the car for a test drive and you will see what we mean about performance.

There have been some problems with cars but the later models do seem to be a lot more trouble free. My car is great and I haven't had any trouble at all with it really.

Overall I would recommend the civic to you and suggest that you get the best you can afford.

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Welcome!

My advice would be to buy as new a civic as you can afford. Although I didn't have any problems with my 56 plate Sport, the EX I have now is better and makes me grin even more. :D

The EX has all the gadgets if that is what you like.

Don't forget to post up some piccies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Finally, don't be afraid to use the full rev range during the test drive, that's where a lot of the fun hides. 1st is good for 39mph, 2nd up to 64 (without even going into the red). Above 4,000 rpm it's a different car, and sounds great.

Let us know how you get on."

Had a realy good test drive, the wife was realy impresed as well !!!(even though she is not realy into cars at all)

I didn't have a problem with the rear view at all, infact, other cars I tested were worse with rear windows that looked bigger. I found the all round vision was very good as well, for when we are sight seeing.

Boy does that engine rev!!!

Only slight problem, how long does it take to get used to the sensitive steering ? Had problem with the straight ahead position. Maybe just need to relax a bit more. Wife said the car felt a bit shooggly(technical term).

Any how, the 2 best cars for handleing, general driving experiance, load space.....I am down to a BMW series 1 and the Honda Civic.

Emotion has the Honda on top though.

Have to look at the money side now.

And What Colour ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts