2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
using autoglym leather balm, how often is it necessary to apply it - I don't want to over do it and produce shiny seats

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
There are two parts to protecting your leather seats, 1st is that you have to clean them to remove all the crud.. then protect with the balm to ensure that the leather doesn't dry out and keep it supple..
All depends on the cars use, kiddies spilling on the seats: but I ensure that I do mine at least twice a year... But clean up and local care on a case by case basis, esp on those back seats :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Our leather seats are polyurethane protected. A good vacuuming followed by a pH neutral soap to remove stuck dirt followed by a moist wipe down and allow to dry and you're done. The balm won't penetrate, and some types even accelerate breakdown of the layer of protection doing the exact opposite of what you want.

If you read the manual you'll also find that Honda only recommend a pH neutral soap and nothing else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our leather seats are polyurethane protected. A good vacuuming followed by a pH neutral soap to remove stuck dirt followed by a moist wipe down and allow to dry and you're done. The balm won't penetrate, and some types even accelerate breakdown of the layer of protection doing the exact opposite of what you want.

If you read the manual you'll also find that Honda only recommend a pH neutral soap and nothing else.

Does this cover the steering wheel as well?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts