2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a number of posts saying that the paint on the Civic is quite poor.

It seems to be the biggest issue of the car and I would like to find a way to stop or at least minimise the damage of stone chips.

I have googled and found 3M venture shield for protecting your car from stone chips. So I was wondering if anyone has had this or something like this done in the past? Also does anyone know if there is someone in Northern Ireland that fits this or a similar product?

Looking at the car last night I found about 3 bubble/blister type things on the grey paint of the Y. The dealer is going to have it repainted for me before I pick it up.

On my 1 series I have a ton of stone chips, in the strangest places as well!

It's really annoying and don't want any on the new car. :cool:

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I have a white orchid civic ex, I have had the 3m venture sheild fitted, it has a 10 ** guarantee, it was fitted professionally it's been on my car about 3 months and is fine, a lot of people were saying " you will get a dirty line where it goes across the bonnet " yes when the car is dirty there is a slight build up of dirt infact the whole car gets dirty but when washed you can hardly see it going across the bonnet, it's well worth doing, my 8th gen was covered in chips :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JT, as long as the line of dirt disappears with the rest of the dirt on the car when you get it washed I would not see it as an issue. Better to have a bit of dirt than stone chips. :) It would also make you wash the car more. ;) A 10 year guarantee is good and it would be good from selling point of view when you do decide to change the car. I have found a window tinting place in Lisburn that is willing to fit it for me. But I have to find somewhere that's willing to sell me the kit.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Yes the line of dirt is nothing, the whole car gets dirty so there is a slight dirt line, untill the car is washed then its gone, I went to Venturesheild and they fitted it for me the kit is laser cut so it's a nice peice, how about asking 3m if you can purchase a template?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Emailed 3m a week ago and have had no reply. I will just have to use the old dog and bone next week to see if anything can be done. Will update if I get anymore information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts