2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a draft question but I'm aware the 2.2 is fitted with a PTC heater to provide some heat into the cabin prior to the engine getting up to temperature.

With this in mind do other owners get warm air coming out of the vents a minute or so after starting the car on a cold morning? I don't and, whilst it is no biggie, am beginning to wonder if the PTC heater is working.

Maybe I'm expecting too much but I don't really get any warm air until the engine is warmed through and I thought the whole point of the PTC was to provide warmth in advance of this.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Hi Skomaz,
I've only had my 2.2 a month but like you i dont find i get hot air before the engine warms up either. Maybe honda just put crap ones PTC heaters in, otherwise we are both probably looking at expensive repairs that probably arnt worth it in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
I'm not sure if any work very well or at all to be honest. The question pops up occasionally but to fix it is such a big job, none have bothered.

I can tell you that heated seats keep you warm on those cold mornings ;) But they don't help clear a frosty windscreen :worms:

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK cheers - I've seen the post about doing checks on the PTC operation and can see why people don't do it given it involves ripping half the dash out...

I can live with it (and probably will) but may just have a hunt for the relays and fuses to check it's not something simple of that ilk... otherwise I'll get an old heated seat cover from Aldi out of the garage for the cold mornings and try not to breath for a few minutes after getting in the car ;-)

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK intersting - cheers Frankie1930 - I'm aimimg to check fuses and relays if I can find them at some stage but will try this in the meantime

1 - 7 of 7 Posts