2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

just wondering if anyone else's Type R (FN2) pulls over to the right slightly? I have only had the car for a week or so and just started to notice that if i let go of the steering wheel it automatically starts pulling over to the right. Its not a massive amount but just wondering if this is normal? If not, is it just tracking or something?

Also, should i drive for about 10 minuets before using VTEC? Think i read somewhere it needs to warm up?

Massive n00b here so sorry if these are obvious.

p.s. great forum been reading lots!

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
+1

Sounds like your tracking out.

As for VTEC, it won't engage until the engine is up to temp but either way, I wouldn't advise revving the pants off of a cold engine.

Drive it for about 5-10 minutes before having fun ;)

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Vtec won't engage before the engine is fully warmed up anyway :) and yes get the tracking checked :)

Sent on iphone via tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
+1

Sounds like your tracking out.

As for VTEC, it won't engage until the engine is up to temp but either way, I wouldn't advice revving the pants off of a cold engine.

Drive it for about 5-10 minutes before having fun ;)

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2
Beat me to it :p

Sent on iphone via tapatalk

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
either tracking OR someone had fitted two different tyres (with different tread depths) to the front wheels

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, i will nip down the garage and get the tracking looked at first of all. Any ideas of what it would cost?

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
First thing to do is check your tyre pressures :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Revs_FN2 - what tyre pressure should it be set to? I did some reading online and saw someone recommending 34 psi - ill check this when i get in from work.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
yeah 34psi front 32psi rear

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
^^ What Laney says if you're running stock rims (Blades run a higher pressure). It'll say on the sticker below the latch for the drivers door :)

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Mine has a really slow puncture on the front drivers side and starts pulling to the right when it gets below 25 psi. As someone above mentioned with tyre pressures.

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Could also be the rds (and these have got in a right state lately), also there was a poll on civic type r site which way does your car pull and it seems it's a popular issue, mine does every now and then ever so slightly but it does it

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
Thanks all, i will nip down the garage and get the tracking looked at first of all. Any ideas of what it would cost?
Mine cost £39 for full laser tracking. You can watch a computer screen as the adjust each wheel

Made a huge difference.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts