2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have recently inherited a Civic Type R. I am aware that there is no spare wheel, but there is also no sign of the puncture repair kit (pardon my lack of the proper jargon) that the manual says should be there. Any advice or info would be welcome please.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi and welcome to civinfo. :)

It is normally kept in a compartment to the right side of the boot with the compressor.

Have you looked there?

Don't worry about 'the proper jargon' we call it tyre gunk. :p

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I'm sure that you must have looked in all the boot cubby holes, but a spare can of repair gunk is about £40 and then there are the bits and bobs that go with it.
Go for a spacesaver wheel - Around £100, complete with fixing kit and cargo net.
Or, --- Be cheeky and make your friendly Honda Dealer an offer.
I got mine for £80. :idea:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies - will take a look in the daylight!! I got the car from my father, who was very meticulous - the rear headrests were not there and sadly he's not around to ask.... Luckily he'd stacked them neatly in the back of the garage in a box marked 'Honda head rests' Bless!!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Jack the Lad is right, if you haven't got the gunk and need to buy it, then you would be better putting the cash towards the spacesaver spare wheel. :)

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
How are you doing DR.
I see that you are well in control here as a Mod.
Iv'e only posted this, so you can tell me it's off topic and delete it. :)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Please don't be alarmed sparrow, this happens sometimes. ;)

Meanwhile, back on topic, have look tomorrow and let us know if you find the gunk. :D

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Buy holts tyreweld, about £5 in wilkinsons, a compressor (Michelin accurate to within 1PSI) from halfords about £30, job done :) My original kit will never be used by me :idea:

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
I would advise anyone who has no spare to aquaint themselves with the compressor and gunk so when you have a puncture its not a shock

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haven't got out to the car yet (yawn). So, if I had the kit and had a puncture, what would be the procedure?? I must say I prefer the sound of a compact...

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Read the manual !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm - cross posted there, Rich....... just wanted to know how easy it was compared to changing a wheel :( - considering the hardest part of removing a wheel is getting the nuts to move (no smutty jokes please).

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
NB As well as checking for the gunk in the right hand pocket, check for the jack in the left hand pocket.

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Hmmm - cross posted there, Rich....... just wanted to know how easy it was compared to changing a wheel :( - considering the hardest part of removing a wheel is getting the nuts to move (no smutty jokes please).
Sorry..:oops:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey - turns out I hadn't even found the cubby holes!! Doh :oops: - everything there... In my defence, it's all black in there, couldn't see a thing with my Reaction lenses!!

I also found out how you can lift the back seat bases to fit a bike in - havent tried it for size yet, OH is away - he'd be delighted if it works. We also have a Citroen Picasso which is great for when he has a (bike) puncture - but then, now we're a two car family, he's stopped cycling to work!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts