2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could do with your help installing a pure highway DAB adaptor

I am debating on running the cable to the centre console but unsure of a good path to get to the aux socket and the charging socket in the armrest

or should I be better running a feed for power from the fuse box and piggyback in a fuse and put in a female aux socket in there
I have installed these kind of things before but never on a Honda last car was on a Skoda which was a bit more accessible for trim parts

where as the Honda seems quite well screwed together and the sockets are inside an armrest and I don't know the best way to get into them without having to drill holes

I could get round the auxiliary lead socket issue for the audio and use the built-in FM transmitter although I don't know whether it'll pick of any interference from things like heated rear window etc

Or I could just pay Halfords a nominal fee and get one of the Saturday leads to butcher the dashboard for me lol

Pure fencing to list the hardwire kit or their advice is you must use the cigarette lighter plug

thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any way into the pocket area or will a hole be required to be added
I'll have a look at the guide tonight after work

Thank you

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Easy enough to run a cable underneath the dash then into the fuse box without removing lots of trim, just tape the cable up so it doesnt sag

·
Administrator
18,052 Posts
You'll need to drill into the center arm rest, easily when it's removed.

There is a plug at the front but that's for the handbrake and adding cables there might impact the rear brakes, so I wouldn't advise it.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys
I should be picking the unit upon the next day or two and will have a read up on removing the console

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slight change of plans

I have the pure 400 and contemplating using Rick honda r fuse box plug for ignition feed and running the wire down the drivers a pillar trim to get to the fuse box and using inbuilt FM transmitter for audio

My only concern is the trim I understand there is an airbag behind and special clips that break when you remove the trim ??

Planning on just teasing the wire across the top of the trim and running it more behind the door seal side of the trim

Any pointers would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Slight change of plans

I have the pure 400 and contemplating using Rick honda r fuse box plug for ignition feed and running the wire down the drivers a pillar trim to get to the fuse box and using inbuilt FM transmitter for audio

My only concern is the trim I understand there is an airbag behind and special clips that break when you remove the trim ??

Planning on just teasing the wire across the top of the trim and running it more behind the door seal side of the trim

Any pointers would be appreciated
Did this with my dash cam power lead, and its fine

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So it's all in but I have interference in FM transmitter unless I touch the transmitter box on the screen

Tried numerous frequencies so need touse the aux plug in the armrest which is a pain in the behind

1 - 10 of 10 Posts