2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passed my driving test last week, went to view the car today and going to collect it on Sunday.

2006 2.2l i-CTDi EX

Am excited to get behind the wheel to say the least!

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to :civinfo:

Well done passing your test and opting for a Civic as your first chariot. Good choice

Thanks Farqui and thanks for the forum, will become a supporter soon enough no doubt.

My wife had a standard 2008 iCTDi a couple of years ago and I fell for it, she moved on to a Volvo XC 60 and I finally got my arse in gear to pass my test and it was a no brainer that a Civic was going to be my first car. The moment I saw Cynthia (don't ask) I knew I had to have her, admittedly she's seen better days but is in pretty good shape and I'll get her to the local Honda garage for the once over in a week or two and get her back to her old self. I'm happy and cannot wait to spend more time (and money) on her.

Will post better pics once I get my hands on her.

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
I'd suggest keeping an eye on the speedo until familiar with the car.

They run away with you so readily in top gear. I recollect driving my first 2.2 and alarmed how quickly the car picked up compared to previous cars owned.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on passing. :) my civic is my second car. It was a similar situation. As soon as i saw it i knew i had to have it. :)
>:)

They run away with you so readily in top gear. I recollect driving my first 2.2 and alarmed how quickly the car picked up compared to previous cars owned.
Totally understand, my learning car was a turbo diesel but this adds about 40bhp so will be being very careful indeed.
I don't forget how nippy our last Honda was so will keep it in mind.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Crikey you weren't joking ey! I thought I was prepared!

1st-3rd gears are just fierce and once you hit 60 it just wants to keep going.
Kept a lid on it though and made it back in one piece.

Car is amazing, totally in love.

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Crikey you weren't joking ey! I thought I was prepared!

1st-3rd gears are just fierce and once you hit 60 it just wants to keep going.
Kept a lid on it though and made it back in one piece.

Car is amazing, totally in love.
Great cars these 2.2's !

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congrats on passing your test and a cracking first car you've got there. The EX spec as well, so you've got all the bells and whistles ;)

Did the 2006 8G models come with that front grille as standard? I thought it came later with the facelift? Doesn't particularly matter, I was just interested, it looks great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts