2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of heading to Santa pod for a "Run what ya brung" day soon.

Going with a few of my mates, loads of them running Astra SRI Turbo's with reforged engines etc.

I know that they run around 13 flat (most of them).

I was just wondering if anyone has a rough idea what time a standard FN2 will run?

Also i'm running around 230 hp @ the Flywheel (give or take 5hp) and i was wondering if anyone can guess what roughly i'd run?

My friend is going in his E46 M3 aswell, so will be keen to see how i get on vs him!

:police::police:

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
depends how crisp your gear changes are :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
getting good traction is going to be the hardest thing...light ish front end etc and front wheel drive....type r's not really built for 1/4 miles....can't really find much info on 1/4 mile times which shows its not its forte

but it'll be fun ...

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of heading to Santa pod for a "Run what ya brung" day soon.

Going with a few of my mates, loads of them running Astra SRI Turbo's with reforged engines etc.

I know that they run around 13 flat (most of them).

I was just wondering if anyone has a rough idea what time a standard FN2 will run?

Also i'm running around 230 hp @ the Flywheel (give or take 5hp) and i was wondering if anyone can guess what roughly i'd run?

My friend is going in his E46 M3 aswell, so will be keen to see how i get on vs him!

:police::police:
I was thinking best case over 15 seconds and dont get to upset when you see the M3 50 yards infront of you :)

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I havent had my car on any track, Ive always races motorbikes, so Im not to sure of its time but my mate ran a STI ppp and he got 13.4,
when we set off and as soon as i get rolling I usually pass him when I get into 3rd and continue to pull away, its well within a quater so I would guess somewhere in the 13's.
As for the M3, lots of horses more and rear wheel drive so grip, I would say low 13's for the M3, they are quick cars.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I havent had my car on any track, Ive always races motorbikes, so Im not to sure of its time but my mate ran a STI ppp and he got 13.4,
when we set off and as soon as i get rolling I usually pass him when I get into 3rd and continue to pull away, its well within a quater so I would guess somewhere in the 13's.
As for the M3, lots of horses more and rear wheel drive so grip, I would say low 13's for the M3, they are quick cars.
yeah for sure low 13's but i'm saying do you not think i will get low 14;s with my mods?

Obviously doesn't match your car, but I thought i would have ran a little better!

Want to swap cars :((((((((((((((?

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Well its for sale ;)

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
theres a thread of a civinfo vs another forum on the meetings section - only one way to find out what it would do for sure! :)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
I reckon 14-15 seconds if you do it right.

Here is Guy's FN2 on its first run at santa pod:

also check this out:

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Nice vids :) I guess it's all about how sticky your tyres are for that standing start, how crisp your gear changes are and how much weight you can ditch before your run! Could be the difference between a 15 and a high 13

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
have you got a LSD ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts