2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Firstly I dont know anything about bruce bars (if thats what you call them)

I understand they eliminate body flex.

I have seen loads of people with them fitted.

There seems to be 6 different Js racing ones.

Can someone tell me the order from most to least benefits of the different ones.

Touge Search Results: Js Racing Chassis Honda FN2

Also are they worth it or are they just for show?

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
Plus im pretty sure Mugen dont even use them, as the body is already very stiff as Costel said?

More of a bling factor mate, at a guess.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my understanding is that they are bling, the chassis is very stiff and doesnt need them according to tdi and i guess they would know!
Plus im pretty sure Mugen dont even use them, as the body is already very stiff as Costel said?

More of a bling factor mate, at a guess.
I did think it might be a case of bling bling. Im not interested in bling, only performance.

That supports something one of the team dynamics blokes told me at Dreamfields last year, he was going on about how good the chasis was, but then again he is biased :)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mugen didn't see fit to brace the M20 and having most of J'S braces I can honestly say I don't feel the difference!
How hard you drive David?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've not tracked the cat yet, but I've pushed it on country roads, within the limits of the law and not really noticed the difference
Ok thanks, Ill spend the money elsewhere. Car must stay "looking standard" bars would have compromised that.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Uprated bushes might be a good idea ash, TDI will have some ready soon
what benefits do they bring?

EDIT: Ah you mean the Master control bushes. yes I know about them

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
Personally I like to think that the 3 bars, the Eibachs and the frsu all work together and compliment each other.
But really the braces are just good for bling and JDM points

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
ive had the car on track a few times now, and its well stable, i really dont see the need for these, apart from maybe a bling factor under the bonnet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts