2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, i was just wondering can any of you explain how engine cooling fan works on your cars? i noticed that on idle (without any trashing before) it keeps switching on and off like every 30 seconds (or even less). The most interesting thing is that even though it's like 0 to 5 degrees out there, after starting a cold engine and running it for like 2 minutes it will start happening.

waiting for you answers anxiously, wondering shoud i or should i not call dealer already :)

edit: ok now i have an idea that this might be since air conditioning is always on. i will test that later today and post back :) damn i'm a fail if that turns out to be true:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your answer murano but it turns out that the whole thing was out of ventilation system. it is said that in hondas engine's cooling fan is off most of the times and rarly ever turns on especially if the car is not trashed :). now i'm calm, the rock just felt off my back :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
definatly nothing to worry about, but i was ok during the summer time that "engine cools itself" but when it started to do that after running it for 2 minutes on idle that made me worry. esp when i have that intake manifold mod :). i would've saved myself some health if i'd have thought of turning the aircon off right away to see if that works :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts