2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I have a civic 2006 1.8 petrol i-shift and already had one update to the i-shift. I was wondering if we would also get the 2009 i-shift update?

Thank you.

·
Administrator
19,183 Posts
First of all welcome :D

And second of all, good question :)

I guess if the are both the same system then I guess so. What do others think?

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Hello and a warm welcome to Civinfo!

There’s plenty of information to help you here and in the Wiki section too.

Ask any questions you like, we’re a friendly bunch and here to help.

Don’t be shy, feel free to post away, its good to hear new viewpoints.

I would imagine that there would be an update once the new 09 cars are ready, or maybe a little while after. Stay tuned to this forum, I'm sure we'll know first!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Good question.
Not 100% sure.

They have made some changes to the i-shift for 09 adding hill holder and a new mode for the 1,8 cars.
So not 100% sure that the software in the 09 cars will work in older cars.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
You should already have had an update from the original spec
I would dbe surprised if there would be any further update to this for cars already on the road

No harm in asking though - maybe one of the dealers could advise

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
I wouldn't think you'd get the 2009 update as there are new features associated with the revision which would require much more than a software change.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I read on civinfo wiki that "The conventional clutch pedal is replaced by a Transmission Central Unit that controls the clutch via an actuator with hydraulic power generated by a DC motor, meaning gear changes are quick and smooth"

It means that the actual i-shift is different? There are changes on software but the structure changes too?...In that condition it is possibly to update the software on the actual i-shift?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the warm welcome and the replies.

Would it be wise to call my dealer and ask? Or really to early?

And if it's just a small modification, or a bigger one...won't it be possible to add/replace the old with the new parts from 2009? Will cost something but not as much as a new 2009 model?

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
I don't think there's major changes to the actual operation.
There is a hill start assist feature, a sports mode, a shift change light all of which don't exsist on current models. With all of this I doubt you could fit it to an older model.
Hope that makes sense?

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
You should already have had an update from the original spec
I would dbe surprised if there would be any further update to this for cars already on the road

No harm in asking though - maybe one of the dealers could advise
Correction - Maybe one of the dealers who will admit to knowing about the gearbox software update can advise [smilie=cheeky-grin: :lol:

I think even those that know about the update are oblivious to what's in the pipeline though.

Shame Honda doesn't publish what 'problems' they're working on, especially in light of the recent advertising.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts