2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, bit stuck trying to get my glove box light to work. Not 100% where it is. All I can see is this white plastic cap so assuming the bulb is underneath. Can anyone confirm? Also, how do you remove this cap? Looks like maybe I need to use a 2p coin or something. Many thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi all, bit stuck trying to get my glove box light to work. Not 100% where it is. All I can see is this white plastic cap so assuming the bulb is underneath. Can anyone confirm? Also, how do you remove this cap? Looks like maybe I need to use a 2p coin or something. Many thanks

View attachment 316794
Hi, you are correct. Put a coin in and twist, and the bulb is in there :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
And just in case you weren't aware, the glovebox light only comes on when sidelights or headlights are on.

If anyone finds an LED small enough to fit the housing, please post a link. I've bought a couple of the correct type (T5, 286) but they're too big for the housing.

·
Super Moderator
2,506 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Thanks Wilmo.

I have already tried ones identical to the first link and they are too long to fit in the housing.

Will have a more detailed look at the second link. The kit doesn’t include the glovebox light but they may have something suitable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you’ve not sorted it yet, I’ve changed all my interior lights inc glovebox to white led, can’t copy link as its on my eBay app, however try - we sell hids.
To change the glovebox bulb I used a small flat head driver to prize the cover off and not turn or twist method, and just popped it back in once changed

·
Registered
793 Posts
Ah the rest of my interior is LED so I'd be wasting money if I bought the lot again simply for one glove box light...

Will wait and see if anyone finds a single light that fits in there.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Well I had a look at the selection of LEDs I had bought for another go and see if I had anything suitable.

From the left, 1st and 3rd are the same but I cut the base down on the 1st to try and shorten it. Still too long.

The issue is the shape of the housing which tapers. Bulb fits in the flat side to the right, but quite close to the narrow end.

Eventually managed (just) to fit the second bulb from left.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Well I had a look at the selection of LEDs I had bought for another go and see if I had anything suitable.

View attachment 316954

From the left, 1st and 3rd are the same but I cut the base down on the 1st to try and shorten it. Still too long.

The issue is the shape of the housing which tapers. Bulb fits in the flat side to the right, but quite close to the narrow end.

View attachment 316955

Eventually managed (just) to fit the second bulb from left.
What's 2nd from the left called? And did you just man handle it in?

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I bought them 18 months ago and I’ve searched my email receipts but I can’t find where I bought that one from. Pretty sure it was a uk supplier and not through eBay. I will have another search.

Pretty sure I just searched for T5 LED.

Edit: Found a blue version

1 - 17 of 17 Posts