2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

I recently (just over a month ago) bought a 2006 Civic and its' battery has drained twice when left for 24hrs+.

Taking it to my local Honda dealer they advised the HFT was the drain but that it was controlled and prompted by the MICU. That the MICU was the root cause.

Advised this would be £600 (as the MICU is not covered under the extended guarantee)to replace i took the car to the dealer i purchased the car from who ran their own tests. They claim the MICU and the HFT have no relationship and that the fix to the issue is simply to disconnect the HFT.

Apart from the fact that i now have a de-spec'ed car from that which i originally purchased; does this sound correct or are they simply cutting off the limb but ignoring the infection (as it were)... is the MICU still likely to be at fault (as i suspect).

apologies if this has been asked before but the wiki page on the Battery drain issue doesn't make clear the relationship between these two devices.

Thanks in advance!
Mike.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
HFT battery drain on a 2006 seems to be very common.
Unplug the HFT and that should sort it.

I'd advise getting a parrot handsfree rather than trying to source a used unit from auction sites or breakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts