1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that some NON-UK spec Rs come with HIDs :D

My question (please), if this applies to you:

Does you R come with headlight washers, and
does it have a head light up/down adjuster dial on the dash?

many thanks! :D

reason for asking - there is speculation that UK spec Rs (and Ss) don't come with HIDs because there is not room to fit the self levelling stuff - I'm trying to work out if this is the case :D

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
In Sweden, ALL Civics have washers, including Type-Rs with HIDs.

They don´t have the adjuster, that is why non-R LHD cars can upgrade to Type-R dash without a Pottsy-grommet.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers FWH :D

thought that might be the case - and goes towards Honda UK's decision not to fit them to UK spec all the more strange... :(

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Some years back headlight washers were required by law in Sweden. This law has been removed to comply with the EU.

So either Honda realise that our winters require headlight washers (there is a serious differance not having them here and not having them in the UK) or they haven´t realised the law has changed.

So, I am not so sure that for example a French Civic would have the washers, at least not on non-HIDs.

In general, I think the non-UK spec levels make more sense than the UK ones. Don´t know why they are so different in the UK??

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
In general, I think the non-UK spec levels make more sense than the UK ones. Don´t know why they are so different in the UK??
Well even thought the car is built in Swindon, it probably costs us more than the rest of the EU and we get a lower spec of car. Great way to make a profit!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Well even thought the car is built in Swindon, it probably costs us more than the rest of the EU and we get a lower spec of car. Great way to make a profit!
For tax reasons at least I would say you are wrong.
Countries like Norway and Denmark probably pay at least 50% over UK prices.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
For tax reasons at least I would say you are wrong.
Countries like Norway and Denmark probably pay at least 50% over UK prices.
According to PriceWaterhouseCoopers:

In UK before tax, we pay 9% more than the European average and 11% more than the euro currency countries average for our cars. In fact we have the second highest prices in the whole of Europe, beaten only by Switzerland!

Yes the danes pay a high rate of Tax, but it seems it your country that pay more for your cars than us!

If Denmark didn't have to pay such high taxes they would the second cheapest place to buy a car in the Europe!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Yes the danes pay a hig rate of Tax, but it seems it your country that pay more for your cars than us!

If Denmark didn't have to pay such high taxes they would the second cheapest place to buy a car in the Europe!
Correct.
Due to high tax in Denmark competition on the actual car price ex tax is high.

Therefore it is cheaper to buy a new car in Denmark and import it to Sweden as the Danish net price plus Swedish tax is lower.

Oh and I am not in Switzerland. (Other than when withrawing cash from my numbered account - LOL).

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Therefore it is cheaper to buy a new car in Denmark and import it to Sweden as the Danish net price plus Swedish tax is lower.

Oh and I am not in Switzerland. (Other than when withrawing cash from my numbered account - LOL).
Jammy, very jammy. But money better off in your pocket than the goverments

·
Registered
231 Posts
According to PriceWaterhouseCoopers:

In UK before tax, we pay 9% more than the European average and 11% more than the euro currency countries average for our cars. In fact we have the second highest prices in the whole of Europe, beaten only by Switzerland!

Yes the danes pay a high rate of Tax, but it seems it your country that pay more for your cars than us!

What does price before tax matter? Its the price you have to pay for yoiur car that matters...

Read this and weep (at least i am): In Norway My type R costs aprox 35.000 pounds with no extras.... This means about 17.000 pounds is tax, allmost 50% !%!%%#&!/#?=)=`?==`&%¤!!!!!?

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
What does price before tax matter? Its the price you have to pay for yoiur car that matters...

Read this and weep (at least i am): In Norway My type R costs aprox 35.000 pounds with no extras.... This means about 17.000 pounds is tax, allmost 50% !%!%%#&!/#?=)=`?==`&%¤!!!!!?
If they CTR cost that much in the UK it would not survive as you'd get a whole lotta car for that. It doesn't make me weep to read how much it cost because I would not pay that much for it, I would rather go without than pay over the odds. Simple

·
Registered
231 Posts
If they CTR cost that much in the UK it would not survive as you'd get a whole lotta car for that. It doesn't make me weep to read how much it cost because I would not pay that much for it, I would rather go without than pay over the odds. Simple
Anyway for the price of a CTR in UK, you would only get a Opel Corsa 1.6 in norway... ;) So then youd have to drive arround in that...

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL - record for going slightly off topic in the fewest number of posts :lol: :D :wink:

thank you for all the replies confirming that it is possible to have HIDs with washers and self levelling on an R :D

Now we just need to convince Honda to offer it on UK spec models... :(

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
LOL - record for going slightly off topic in the fewest number of posts :lol: :D :wink:
sorry... [smilie=hammerit.gi:

[QUOTE="TTDegs, post: 111765, member: 239"]
thank you for all the replies confirming that it is possible to have HIDs with washers and self levelling on an R :D[/quote]

you are welcome [smilie=upyeah.gif]

Now we just need to convince Honda to offer it on UK spec models... :(
Good luck - LOL - :banghead:

·
Registered
393 Posts
HID washers are nice. But you don't really see them working, which is a pitty. I drove around with 2 faulty washers on my previous civic for 2 months before noticing they didn't work :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts