2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What information is shown in the i-MID when you are in reverse and the parking sensors active?

Also does anyone has a picture of what is shown or a link to one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What information is shown in the i-MID when you are in reverse and the parking sensors active?
There is an outline of the car with yellow/amber/red indicator marks that blink (with associated tones) in the area of the obstruction (Front/Rear/Corners). Yellow is front (< 39”) and rear (< 43”) with amber from 24” to 14” and red less than 14” from the obstruction.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
365 Posts
I know that on the main sat nav display it shows the camera. I wanted to see what info it shows in the i-mid when reversing.

The reason I ask is there is a rear only parking sensor kit Honda offer as a dealer fit accessory. Genuine Honda Civic Door Rear Parking Sensor Kit-2012> [08V67TV06**] - £272.86 : Cox Motor Parts Direct - Genuine Honda Brakes Clutches & Accessories

It says in the description 'Sensor detection is visible on the car's intelligent-Multi Information Display (iMID).'
Ok fair enough, my bad.

Andy F's post is spot on then.

Steve

·
Registered
53 Posts
Andy F's post is spot on then.
Perhaps not:
I had forgotten about the Rear View Camera display on the iMID for models not fitted with navigation systems. On ES models, the Rear parking sensor indications are displayed in the lower part of the iMID. It’s in the handbook on pages 310 and 312.
On the EX model the display should be as per the photo.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Perhaps not:
I had forgotten about the Rear View Camera display on the iMID for models not fitted with navigation systems. On ES models, the Rear parking sensor indications are displayed in the lower part of the iMID. It’s in the handbook on pages 310 and 312.
On the EX model the display should be as per the photo.
Good point!

I was only looking at it from my car's perspective i.e. EX GT.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts