2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Question promise this is a very daft one this time

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  angie4m 
#1 ·
Is it just me or does anyone else find the Type R gear nob extremely cold when the outside temperature is close to freezing.:oops:

#2 ·
I remember my Accord Type-R gearknob used to get very cold in the winter, same material (titanium I think). Even thought about sticking something over the top of it a night.

Also, when I got married, I found it irritating when my wedding ring kept tapping against the metal. So I got divorced (only joking)[smilie=cheeky-grin:

#6 ·
You should see how hot it can get when there are like 40 degrees outside :D
I had to use the lower part of the gear shift lever :)

Is it just me or does anyone else find the Type R gear nob extremely cold when the outside temperature is close to freezing.:oops:
Maybe Honda should consider an electrically heated / air conditioned gear nob on the options list (Engineers solution)!! Aluminium (I think the FN2 is aluminium instead of titanium) is one of the most heat conductive materials so it very quickly adopts what ever temperature is around it and stores it - hot or cold. Plastic or leather would solve the problem.

#11 ·
Yes!

I had a Cooper S and as i was one of the first ones made it had a proper metal gear knob and it was freezing during the winter, so my Mum and Dad's friends bought me leather driving gloves for the winter.

Got new Red and Black ones from AP for the CTR as they match perfectly!

Top tip though.........Don't leave the gloves in the car overnight or they will be freezing when you go to put them on in the morning. I know from experiance

#9 ·
It'll get freezing cold come winter, no doubt.

While we asking questions ...
I've just noticed that the right mirror has two glass segments, whereas there's only one on the left - there are meant to be like that, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.