2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
S2000 AP1
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Those of you who have the Miltek fitted...any probs with it hitting the heatshields when on a bumpy road or round a corner? Mine hits quite often.

Cheers :)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Mine hates the speed bumps

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yep mine absolutely loves kissing speed bumps and also when I take it on the B roads it sometimes scrapes when I'm going down/up hills/bumpy roads at speed:oops:

·
Registered
412 Posts
no probs here

·
Registered
308 Posts
No probs here and my car has been lowered. I suggest you take it back to the place who fitted it and ask for them to make sure its fitted correctly. Exhausts get bigger the hotter they are so sometimes they don't knock when first fired up but do after 10-15mins.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
You will get problems if you don't take a speed bump right or go a bit too fast.

I can't even get on my drive at home now because it's on an incline. The fact is the centre section (top, closest to front of the car) sits lower than the OEM Honda one, this is what you are catching.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Get an HKS. No issues with ramps and the cars lowered.

Doesn't help you much though....sorry.:oops::D

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
do you have to replace the triangular exhausts with sth provided by Milltek or HKS or can you fit their exhausts in the existing endings - meaning that you can't tell by the looks only that the stock exhaust has been replaced with Milltek or HKS?

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
S2000 AP1
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys...the prob is not hitting the road or speed bumps but the exhaust hitting the heatshield...maybe its loose....cheers for the input though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts