2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Honda Man Steve
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

You may have seen my mod post regarding my Type S which is undergoing a Type R looks conversion :)

The only after market thing that has been fitted is lowered springs....

Do i need to declarer the 18" type R alloys, spoiler and interior since they are Genuine Honda Parts just not from a standard Type S

What do you other Type S owners declare when doing a Type R conversion since we are not really changing the power or anything, just the looks ?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Technically you'd need to declare everything that you've changed, genuine or not they weren't fitted to the car.

But who's to say you didn't buy it like that and you just didn't know? ;) :worms:

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I've declared everything I've done to mine , and yes it did put my premium up. Almost the same quote for an unmodded fn2.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
better to declare them but as syx says play dumb and say you bought it like that, the only problem with that is if you have a civinfo sticker its obvious you know more than your letting on to :p I've declared the type R alloys and HIDs you dont have to declare wind deflectors and some companies do require you to even declare stickers! (decals) i haven't though.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
You could risk not declaring and I did this on previous cars for years. In hindsight it's not really worth the risk as if the car is a right off you won't get paid out.

Insurance companies won't allow ignorance if it means they can get away without paying out. Any excuse try can find they will use

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts

If you are in a collision and you have undeclared mods your insurance is invalid as you have breached the conditions. They won't pay out for your car and if you were at fault sue you to recover all legal and repair costs to the other party's.

At the moment all your insurance is good for is stopping you getting pulled by the police for driving with no insurance.

Give greenlight and Chris knott a call as they both do Civinfo discounted insurance for modified cars. My insurance was cheaper with them all mods declared than esure no mods declared.

I know your thinking "I'm not going to crash" but that doesn't allow for the muppets on the road that might have other ideas.

Sent from the necronomiPhon

·
Honda Man Steve
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for that info.

My insurance is up for renewal soon so I'll be contacting green light (as I'm over 30 - just haha) and will give Sky insurance a ring too as I was insured with them for my 4th Gen Prelude... I loved that car aaarrrrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts