2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I tried searching but couldnt really find an answer

I have had my eye on one of the Pioneer Advanced App / Bluetooth / Navigation systems. Either the F940BT or the F40BT. The price is a little offputting, so I have started looking at non-navigational units. (I have a Tom Tom, and i also have various iphone apps, just thought the head unit would look better)

I looked at the x2500BT or the newer x5500bt and also seen one in real life and had a play. It seems to be perfectly suitable for what I require and using the advanced app mode with the navigation app looks quite good to.

However, I am sure I have read somewhere, though cannot find it now, that you cannot use navigation and play music at the same time? I asked the guy in the store (car audio centre, northwood) and he couldnt answer the question, and couldnt test as there were no speakers hooked up.

My question to any of you that have one of these pioneer head units, specifically the x2500 or x5500, can you use the sat nav app through advanced app (or any other way) and listen to music at the same time? Otherwise the navigation seems a bit pointless to me?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, I know for sure that with the Pioneer F940BT there are some problems with the idle stop system, on the Civic 9th. I have an Alpine ine-w920r and you can use navigation and play music at the same time, and I think is the same on the Pioneer too.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I have the 940BT and use navigation and play music all the time. You can either keep the view in navigation or have the music info - in this mode it will only give you a partial nav display when you are close to a turn etc.
I have never seen any problems, no idea what this idle stop system is you are on about.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I cant say I've had any need to try, I always use the Pioneer navigation rather than the inferior iphone apps.

I have used music apps and Pioneer navigation at the same time.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cant say I've had any need to try, I always use the Pioneer navigation rather than the inferior iphone apps.

I have used music apps and Pioneer navigation at the same time.
Ok thanks anyway. I have a demo lined up at car audio centre in manchester on Thursday so will have a definitive answer then!

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Ok thanks anyway. I have a demo lined up at car audio centre in manchester on Thursday so will have a definitive answer then!
Hey mate, I have a kenwood and can play both at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
I know for sure that you can play music through your iPod - iPhone and watch Maps using the advanced app mode simultaneously!

I own the AVH-X5500BT Model for a month or so.

859401_275028322629803_1920060508_o.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
No problem mate, Head Unit is absolutely fantastic!
Really fast, great resolution and great sound quality. I recommend it to everyone.
Alternative choice should be the new AVH-X8500BT which arrives sometime soon and offers HDMI connection too!

I really haven't found any cons yet, it does everything you want in the perfect way.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
You're free to pm me for any more info. I have been searching a lot for the right HU, so I have been in your place before ;) .

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
You might want to also consider the 940BT, these are now £499 as the 950BT is out shortly. Having in built satnav does have benefits, for a start safety camera warnings are always active even when not using the navigation. Traffic avoidance is another great feature that's built in. Plus of course what happens when you lose or break your phone?

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You might want to also consider the 940BT, these are now £499 as the 950BT is out shortly. Having in built satnav does have benefits, for a start safety camera warnings are always active even when not using the navigation. Traffic avoidance is another great feature that's built in. Plus of course what happens when you lose or break your phone?
Yup very valid points, and the F940bt is a unit i have had my eye on. Its cost thats making my decision at the moment. I am also getting eibachs, frs and building a new PC this month so im thinking of dropping the navigation side to reduce costs.

I am going to demo the 5500 and the 940 on Thursday and see which i prefer and make my decision based on that. To be fair, ive managed the last 7 years of driving with just a phone for navigation and *touch wood* no problems yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have never seen any problems, no idea what this idle stop system is you are on about.
Because you have the 8th gen without the idle stop. The 9th gen has the idle stop and the Pioneer has some cabling problem, so when the idle stop system restart the engine, the radio is turned off and on.

·
Registered
616 Posts
This is apparently a known issue on all cars with this system, even bmws.
Some companies makes acessory cables to avoid this but one walkaround is to wire it to a constant feed maybe like the acc (cig plug) or similar.
I have this issue with aftermarket amp but have to check if my rewiring worked cause the car wouldnt enter idle stop because I discharged my battery to long when configurating my sound.
Hopefully it will charge enough today so I can check.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts