2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read pros and cons for each twin and single exhausts with regards to power, but which is really better?

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
single exit its best.. nothing pros for a single! better flow and lighter weight
exactly this - the only downside to some people is they prefer the look of the dual exit.

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
exactly this - the only downside to some people is they prefer the look of the dual exit.
This. I would take the looks of smoke coming out of two exits > 1/2 bhp gain...

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
single exit its best.. nothing pros for a single! better flow and lighter weight
Isnt the only downside exactly absolute flow since it depends on the diameter?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Somewhere read that twin opening up early into two exits - into a larger diameter was good for reducing pressure in the system.

Think that was probably rubbish now.

Surely the only time you can see smoke out the exits is when car cold / in winter, or if something is wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have seen cars with twin exhaust cold start and only smoke out of one side, must be a bad design for that to happen.

Does the FN2 do this?

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Have seen cars with twin exhaust cold start and only smoke out of one side, must be a bad design for that to happen.

Does the FN2 do this?
No. Not mine.:p

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Mines 'Smokes' out both exhausts when it's cold. Love the fact that when I switch off the car it still keeps smoking lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
How much difference in power is between twin vs. single?

lets say on some basic mods (flashpro, airbox, rrc, header)

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Prob going for tegiwa single exit after this thread, even if it doesn't sound quite as good as others.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts